Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    ^^vaccum leak.... put your hands over the throttle body (intake arm off) - if it idles then you have a vaccum leak somewhere.

Check if all the sensors are connected.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    is it possible u havnt bleed the coolant system yet and it has an air lock in it???

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboyz39 View Post
    ^^vaccum leak.... put your hands over the throttle body (intake arm off) - if it idles then you have a vaccum leak somewhere.

Check if all the sensors are connected.
    Ill have to try the hand over the throttle body, i have a boost guage though which will tell me straight away the pressure inside my intake manifold, didnt think to look at it last night.

Quote Originally Posted by IEVAQ8 View Post
    is it possible u havnt bleed the coolant system yet and it has an air lock in it???
    Anything is possible lol, i had the radiator cap off when i started the car, its how i usually bleed it lol. I thought if theres air in it when it starts it will escape through the top.

Ill have a look at my boost guage, if its not sitting at -20ish pressure then theres a leak

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 Turbo
    Its not a vacuum leak, i started the car again tonight and this time it revved a littler higher than i normally let it, it got to 4,500rpm and went back down then up then down and so on.
    Initially i thought it might be the iacv but it does it even when its warm.

Is that because of a timing issue? The timing belt sounds like its a little squeaky too. Im probably going to take the cover off and recheck the timing again when i get time. Also i thought it might be a bet valve from when i tried to start it with the camshafts upside down?? Not too sure what to expect if i did have a bent valve.

Im at the point where im thinking, the cars back together and running, if its not a major issue i might just get a mechanic to finish it off. Therefore i know its safe too, seen that its my first time ever building a motor i wouldnt mind getting it finished off by an experienced mechanic, still saved about 5 grand at the end of the day and gained a heap of knowledge.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 Turbo
    Checked the timing tonight, it was a bit out....... I think that was causing the squeak but its still revving crazy.
    Timing is perfect now, much cleaner sound coming out of the engine but it still not driveable.
    I think im going to take it in and get it finished off properly next week.......... I just hope its nothing major thats wrong..........

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    have you set ur timing belt perfectly? (middle line on the crank pulley to the casing marks and cams at tdc with the angle on the motor) also check for gasket leaks, spray some degreaser or wd40/crc with the engine running and see if it gets sucked in through a gasket, wd40 spraying a bit foamy is best. no matter what your gauge says there could still be a leak.
    = First Production Company To Produce 100HP Per Litre NA

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 Turbo
    Its running perfectly now finally

it was just a leak in the gasket between the IM and the head, another lesson learnt, make sure 100% off the old gasket is off before putting on the new one lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2 + EG
    Great to hear mate!
    When I changed my i/m it was a big bastard to get the old gasket off haha.

Awesome to hear its all good again.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    lol................ur a funny bloke greg

Member Array
    Car:
    93 EG3
    id like to thank you for entertaing me as i read this it mad me laugh and cry at the same time. very entertaining

Member Array
    Car:
    EK fo shizzle
    Quote Originally Posted by tayl51601 View Post
    Its running perfectly now finally

it was just a leak in the gasket between the IM and the head, another lesson learnt, make sure 100% off the old gasket is off before putting on the new one lol
    how did you find that was the problem?
    "has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    So it was a vaccum leak. hmm.