Quote Originally Posted by mysterious_7 View Post
And with the Ground Control springs you get to choose custom spring rates, I have no idea what that is or what rates to go for? :/ Can anyone shed some light please?

And last question, are there any other height adjustable springs worth having a look at other than Ground Controls? Tein may be or any other Jap made stuff?
What options do they give you or they'll do whatever you want?

How low are you planning to go? What other mods are you planning for the car?

iirc your ES Civic suspension layout is same as the EP3 so it has:

F - Macpherson
R - Double Wishbone

So be mindful that Macpherson once you start bumping up the spring rate, it will be ~2x sensitive/harsher than your DWB. I'd personally go a softer front and a slightly harder rear spring to balance.

As for what spring rate, its a lot to do with your personal tolerance and expectations. I'd go with a softer overall setup then use swaybars, tires, bushes and slightly more aggressive alignment to get the car to handle better rather than use stiff springs to eliminate body roll and sharpen car response only to lose confidence in the car due to its overly sensitive nature.

When I say overly sensitive nature, think of an unpredicted bump in the road while cornering. You don't want the car not to react to it harshly by bouncing over it thus car isn't in full contact with the road making anything [Steering, Braking or Accelerating] a bit of an issue. You want the car to absorb the bump while remaining in full contact with the road. This is a one off situation to illustrate but when we all go for a spirited drive and push it hard, we want the confidence that the car will remain planted in all situations