2005 Euro ECU Wet

Hi, Hope you can help me.
    I have a 2005 Euro Auto & I have a water leak some how and it has wet the ECU. I'm getting all funny lights showing up on the dash, so I located the ECU and found it to be wet.
    I will have to find the water leak first and stop it.
    But my question is....If I replace the ECU with a second hand one, does it need to be reprogrammed by Honda to suit my car.

Thanks
    Mark

If you can find one with the same code then no

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Maybe your windshield is leaking or your HAVC
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro
    Try putting in a low (40 deg) oven. May be enough to dry out internals

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    The CL9 ECU motherboard and the has an coating as i found out when taking it apart to reflash the ecu

The motherboard and the chips in it itself wont be damaged by water unless you had a short somewhere.

try again once it's all dried. and double check the actual harness/plug

if you do need to replace the ecu, a honda dealer or someone who has the dealer tool, would need to 'match' the ecu with the immobilizer again so your key's would work.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 01-09-2014 at 11:09 AM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Thanks, I've taken out the ecu and shook it and water come out. Took the hair dryer to it and left it for 2 days. Plugged it back in and it looks ok. took the car for a 15min drive and no error codes
    I also pored 2L water over the windscreen and no leaks. It must be from the heater??
    I also have place some plastic over the ECU and the plugs so the water can travel down to the carpet until I fix this leak!!

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    You may be OK, I would check the ECU pins in two weeks for corrosion.