Hybrid View

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '10 CU2 Lux Nav
    Quote Originally Posted by graphicgoose View Post
    Ah, yeah I was wondering about that. Might be worth asking Alpine though, coz I know in their kit for the VE Commodore it plugs into the CANBUS and changed a previously useless screen to show different stuff...so they might have something figured out? They also may not, but it's worth asking the question.
    Yeah I've see the VE Commodore one, I love that idea! I've asked around at some "car audio" places and no one seems to have a good answer.

Ideally, probably down the bottom where the CD player is (on the Lux Navi), have a small screen that displays climate/radio info, and has a simple joystick control (whether physical, or just on the screen) to operate the Nav unit.

I'm considering investigating DIY'ing all this, but I really don't wanna DIY my new car. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Morsolo View Post
    Yeah I've see the VE Commodore one, I love that idea! I've asked around at some "car audio" places and no one seems to have a good answer.

Ideally, probably down the bottom where the CD player is (on the Lux Navi), have a small screen that displays climate/radio info, and has a simple joystick control (whether physical, or just on the screen) to operate the Nav unit.

I'm considering investigating DIY'ing all this, but I really don't wanna DIY my new car. lol
    Yeah, the ones in the VE are great. Alpine told me they could design one for my CL9...but it'd cost more than the car's worth lol.

If you've already got working navi then why not just put a single din stereo in down the bottom for tunes? Probably what I'd be doing in your situation.