Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headers........

Member Array
    Car:
    VTI Jazz

Headers........

im wanna change the headers on a jazz VTI is it worth it? Any brand recommendation..? or custom?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Fit GD1
    Quote Originally Posted by BBC03
    im wanna change the headers on a jazz VTI is it worth it? Any brand recommendation..? or custom?
    Spoon and mugen have come up with extractors for the Fit respectively. Won't be cheap though.

Member Array
    Car:
    VTI Jazz
    LOL i know soo do u think its worth it to change it? or just a waste of $$$... cos it will be redundant to fit a new headers with a vtec engine...correct me if im wrong..?
    i went to a muffler shop the other day and they said that its useless to change it
    there will not be a noticable increase in the performance..correct me again if im worng...?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Fit GD1
    Had a friend that got his changed to local custom stainless steel type. But its' a 4:2:1 instead of stock 4:1. Complete with dummy cat and straight thru muffler, I can't catch up with his in straight runs especially the high revs.
    To have a better effect, best is to mod the header(front end), the cat(mid end) and the muffler(rear end) all in one go. I reckon a 4:2:1 extractor actually boost the low end so low end torque is not affected too badly in this config? I heard reckless tampering of exhaust equipment might end up losing excessive low end torque. Gotta practise so caution is this area.

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    The consensus with Hondas in general, is that it is pretty hard to beat the factory headers on most models.

Personally I believe it is a waste of money on the Jazz unless you are trying to get every single possible kw out of it. The Spoon and Mugen items will cost a bit over $1,000 each.

I have had a look at the standard headers on the Jazz and they look pretty damn good for a factory unit on a budget pricecar. The Spoon and Mugen items will be geared to high rpm performance (they are a 4-1 design).

I found that there was a bit of power to be found by replacing the exhuast (it was noticeably, though not huge), and I also have some doubts over the flow capabilities of the stock cat, but that opinion is based solely on the strange/akward design more than anything.

Member Array
    Car:
    VTI Jazz
    thats what i had in mind... i want to change it to 4 2 1 as well...i did the the cat and the muffler so the headers is the only thing i have to do now... how much did ur friend have to pay? i got charged $550 for the stainless headers.. i didnt do it cos the shop said its use less...
    does ur friend have to change the catalytic converters? or just use the factory one?

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    4-2-1 will give better low to mid response. 4-1 is more top-end.

Member Array
    Car:
    VTI Jazz
    so do u reckon i should change it ? will it give a better performance?

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    I'm not (yet) because I don't think believe the cost justifes it....

But that's just me. If you want to get a few extra kw and aren't worried about the cost side, then yeah do it! I think most gains will be found in replacing the exhaust sytem and cat

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    $1000 for a header is okay man compare to yr custom intake for $400 altogether
    I may able to give u an idea how much gain it will have after the header arrived
    It wont be that soon since spoon dun have any stock and jdmyard still waiting for the reply

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    Yeah I know what you're saying TypeG....

Anything on a small NA is going to cost a fair bit and give minimal gains. I just don't want to test the waters on this one (I am yet to see or hear of any reports on the performance of the Mugen or Spoon headers). I did it with the intake and it seems to be coming along quite well, but the wife wouldn't be overly impressed if I started playing around with extractors at this point.

At the end of the day, I do want a set of those gorgeous Spoon headers, I just can't justify the cost at the moment. It would be more for 'JDM bling' more than anything because only a select few would have them and I like to be different.

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    dun worry
    i will tell u if it is worth or not
    lol
    wait for me
    hehe