Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

info on turbo'ing the teg

hey guys...i'm looking into turbo'ing the teg but i'm not sure about it as i've never turbo'd a n/a car b4.... the guy that owns the gold integra (not sure if u guys know much about it.. i think croyden built it) with the alfa front bar is selling his setup... i heard about it i think he wants something like $5k that includes everything... computer, manifold, turbo, cooler, piping, everything needed to turbo a teg... if anyone can give me some info on if this is worth the money in doing it.. and if it'll kill my engine

i think the turbo is a t04, haltech computer, custom cooler, piping and manifold... sorry for the long post... thanks...

Will

Member Array
    Car:
    GSi
    Depends on a few things i guess. btw that post wasnt long..
    How healthy is your teggys engine? will it withstand being boosted by a to4 ?
    Think about those things before you go getting ahead of yourself...
    Keep us updated if you get it. CHeers..
    .: I Heart Honda :.

Also depends on whether ur thinking of ever tracking the car... if ur going to track the car id keep it N/A as it is my understanding that it costs a lot of money to have a reliable turbo track car... much more than 5k

=P

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Well if you have already decided to go turbo, then you need to provide us with specifics as to the setup that he is selling and its condition.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

well 1st things 1st... i've seen the setup in the car and looks pretty good... turbo doesn't look like it's got any fins broken or much shaft play... i'm just wondering if it'll completly munch my nice b18c.... my engine is in good condition... log books always serviced .. the timing belt has been done etc.. i dont give the car a very hard time i give it a good dose of vtec every day or 2 on the way home from work!!

i'm just more wondering about if it's worth it.... cause i just want to know if i'll end up killing my car cause the car is in good condition.. always serviced ... timing belt changed, log books etc... i dont want to ruin the car buy a turbo... so does this mean i should just keep it n/a and have a decent track car etc...

Will

A.K.A VTI60Y Array
    Car:
    RUSTED Sleeper
    weq u wanna take this one
    KK24AA

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    You won't ruin the car as long as you:

1. Don't run excessive amounts of boost
    2. Use a good ECU and have it tuned well (this is the key to reliability)
    3. Regular servicing and maintainance after you do the turbo conversion.

Take care of the car and it will take care of you. IMO the b18c is a good candidate for a turbo application and if your engine is already in good condition, adding a turbo will be fine for street applications.

If you are planning on tracking the car however, then i'd be careful
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

fair enough...... cause only reason i ask is i've heard of alot of turbo honda's smashing rods/pistons and killing the engine cause turbo a high compression engine will kill it ...

and i've also heard storys about after turbo'ing a honda u actually loose power... it happned on a black del sol crx....

i was also looking at supercharger kits from the US .. vortex kits to be exact... not sure where to head with this option!! thanks for helping me out guys with info on honda's as i'm still a newbe... appriciate it ..

Will

Member Array
    Car:
    V6 Twin Turbo DC2
    Vortex your looking at roughly around the $7000 mark, not intercooled, last time i checked. Its shit all power compared to that of a turbo running off unused exhaust gases. Also, boost on a vortex supercharger is extremely limited, and to up the boost, would involve buying a bigger supercharger in some cases. However vortex build some very reliable and safe kits for the b18c, b16a. Talk to capa performance, they know everything about them.

The turbo setup should be good. For around 4-7psi. Anything above, and it could be causing problems. A good friend of mine has a turbo teg, just like yours. Has been running 5psi, and driving it quite hard for a few months now. No problems what so ever. But he spent quite a bit on tuning.

CL455, we did a teg, been boosted on a stock b18c for about 1.5 years, stock engine and it ran 10psi daily. Believe me this guy doesnt treat his car nice, and has not had one problem to date.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by CL455
    fair enough...... cause only reason i ask is i've heard of alot of turbo honda's smashing rods/pistons and killing the engine cause turbo a high compression engine will kill it ...

and i've also heard storys about after turbo'ing a honda u actually loose power... it happned on a black del sol crx....

i was also looking at supercharger kits from the US .. vortex kits to be exact... not sure where to head with this option!! thanks for helping me out guys with info on honda's as i'm still a newbe... appriciate it ..

Will
    is that the guy in canberra who ran 6psi on his CRX and blew the headgasket after a week?? I wouldnt take any hints from that setup man if thats the case. I'll take you for a drive next time i'm out, you can see for yourself how much power you lose

and guys here will back up what i said to you about superchargers

hahahahahaha..... nice poid!! yea that black crx is the one i'm talking about... cause i heard he was only running low boost and it went bang!!

i might seriously think about it..... take me for a drive poid and i'll make a decision from that... so the pressure is on hehehe i'm not for superchargers no more.. i looked up on some info about it.... not the best things in the world..... but i'll wait on u poid...

Will