Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

[CU2] Black car, what to do?

Hi All,

I've just seal the deal of 2008 CU2 Std Auto on Black colour today (delivered on the 14th) and was wondering (since this is my first black car) what do I need to do after it gets delivered.

Do I need to polish, sealant or anything just to make sure that the black colour is in pristine condition all the time? or should I just wash it normally every 2nd week or so and wait till after 1k service and start wax, etc on it?

Thanks heaps!

PS: Mods, if this thread doesnt belong to the Accord Euro forum can you move this to the car detailing forum?

Cheers

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    Hi All,

I've just seal the deal of 2008 CU2 Std Auto on Black colour today (delivered on the 14th) and was wondering (since this is my first black car) what do I need to do after it gets delivered.

Do I need to polish, sealant or anything just to make sure that the black colour is in pristine condition all the time? or should I just wash it normally every 2nd week or so and wait till after 1k service and start wax, etc on it?

Thanks heaps!

PS: Mods, if this thread doesnt belong to the Accord Euro forum can you move this to the car detailing forum?

Cheers
    Congrats.on the new car!Be prepared to wash it 1-2 times per fortnight and wax it approx.4 times a year.no extra work is needed to maintain it,it's just that black shows every scratch and mark.

thanks tony... just want to know if its brand new should I apply anything or not... cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    2004 Euro Luxury
    reduce swirl marks on black by using a lambswool mitt instead of a sponge when washing.

Hmmm usualy I went to Crystal Car Wash coz I got cheap voucher for them... should I asked them about the swirl before I wash there?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2007 Euro Luxury
    What Tony said. I just wash mine fortnightly and wax 4 times a year. There's an excellent car wash café next to my office at Gordon.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    I would stay away from car washes altogether, get yourself a good lambswool mitt and a good quality detergent.

I will PM you with the results of a new product i am about to try.

Congrats on the new ride, you will be very happy

^^^ thanks Buddah!!!! btw, how do you clean the lambwool after washing? mine usually stinks If I just left it hanged on the clothsline

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    I prefer using Microfiber wash mitt, then using microfiber waffleweave drying towel.
    Ill wash with 3 buckets, one with the shampoo in it, one to rinse and one to wash wheels. the ones with shampoo and rinse will have warm water in it, which i get from home and bring to them DIY carwash joints. Yeah i get weird looks, little asian guy bring soo much just to wash a car. So ill do it at like 6am, when theres no one around. LOL

Id recommend that when u get to car wash, do a prerinse, so thatd be a high pressure rinse which will remove the debris, then high pressure soap, this will ensure more of the dirt on the vehicles exterior surfaces is removed. let it sit for 2 mins. The surfaces are not clean but will appear cleaner as there is less dirt on the surfaces. The washing now removes what is left on the vehicle with minimal dirt being pushed into the painted surfaces greatly reducing the chance of causing swirls (micro scratches).
    then rinse off then start washing.

Umm, as for waxes, not too sure on wats the best, atm im sorta being lazy and just using Optimum Car Wax aka OCW, its pretty good, quick n easy to use. luved by the guys at FI, though theres a few alternative ones like P21S 100 Carnauba Wax, P21S Concours Wax, or SwissVax Onyx. Thers a few other Swissvax ones, but u be asking 300 bucks just for a small tub. Umm Sealants, theres Zaino Z2pro, Zaino Z5pro and Zaino Z-CS.

mm yeah....time for maccas...

Member Array
    Car:
    08 Euro Lux 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by TRaNz View Post
    I prefer using Microfiber wash mitt, then using microfiber waffleweave drying towel.
    Ill wash with 3 buckets, one with the shampoo in it, one to rinse and one to wash wheels. the ones with shampoo and rinse will have warm water in it, which i get from home and bring to them DIY carwash joints. Yeah i get weird looks, little asian guy bring soo much just to wash a car. So ill do it at like 6am, when theres no one around. LOL

Id recommend that when u get to car wash, do a prerinse, so thatd be a high pressure rinse which will remove the debris, then high pressure soap, this will ensure more of the dirt on the vehicles exterior surfaces is removed. let it sit for 2 mins. The surfaces are not clean but will appear cleaner as there is less dirt on the surfaces. The washing now removes what is left on the vehicle with minimal dirt being pushed into the painted surfaces greatly reducing the chance of causing swirls (micro scratches).
    then rinse off then start washing.

Umm, as for waxes, not too sure on wats the best, atm im sorta being lazy and just using Optimum Car Wax aka OCW, its pretty good, quick n easy to use. luved by the guys at FI, though theres a few alternative ones like P21S 100 Carnauba Wax, P21S Concours Wax, or SwissVax Onyx. Thers a few other Swissvax ones, but u be asking 300 bucks just for a small tub. Umm Sealants, theres Zaino Z2pro, Zaino Z5pro and Zaino Z-CS.

mm yeah....time for maccas...
    I do nearly exactly the same, wash with micro fibre cloth using different cloth of wash, rinse and dry. Also multiple buckets as mentioned above.

My first time owning a black car isnt as hard to maintain as i thought, not having a garage would be a totally different story tho. I was about 1-2 times a week and wax once every 1-2 months, still looks like new, I use all mequire products.
    08 Blk/Blk Accord Euro Luxury CL9 6MT / Full Silver Panel Trim / Full Modulo Kit / Sports Grill.

For Sale: Accord Euro CL9 03-05 Front Euro-R Badge

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Hello to all black Euro owners I'm the owner of one too since 8th Jan and my pics is on the Post your euro thread.

Like every new owner, I too marvel at how shining and new the black Euro looks. I do my washes quite often (as I travel to and fro Sydney and Canberra weekly) about 1 or 2 times a week and after drying off I would apply a lite coat of Armourall Wax and Polish where I see light scratches and it would disappear and look like new again.

I love this car and the way it drives. Makes my weekly trip totally enjoyable.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    thanks tony... just want to know if its brand new should I apply anything or not... cheers
    I using Megs NXT tech wax 2 at the moment(got given it for xmas)seems to be good,will know more after 6 mths.or so.Megs products are good products at a reasonable price.I'm sure there's better out there.Their ScratchX is excellent for minor scratches.