Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    09 Mini Cooper, 07 FD1

The New Civic Squeaking Noise When Breaking?

I hear this squealing when I apply the breaks. It is more like a squealing and grinding noise coming from front wheel. it only happens at really low speeds. and it happen after the car done the 20k service.

i bring the car back to dealer when my 30k service due, and they said it was just dirty, and they just cleaned up for me, and it was just ok until the next day, same noise happen.....

anyone having the same issue?

i have the exact same problem - dealer said all they had to do was clean brake disks, seemed fine - two days later was squeaking again.

any help would be appreciated!

I think we need to stop creating a thread every time something as minor as this happens. Honestly, if you have a good case for it being a design fault then post it up here...

But for the record, No I don't have this issue. It could be the back of the brake pads didn't have the lube or anti squeel plate thingo on.
    07 FD1 - Pics
    Full Mugen Kit
    TopFuel zero-1000 SRI
    18" Rays G-Games 99b
    OzHonda sticker x 2

Banned Array
    At Your Local Shopping center picking up 15 year olds!
    Car:
    DC5-S
    Quote Originally Posted by markCivicVti View Post
    I think we need to stop creating a thread every time something as minor as this happens. Honestly, if you have a good case for it being a design fault then post it up here...

But for the record, No I don't have this issue. It could be the back of the brake pads didn't have the lube or anti squeel plate thingo on.
    Man A new civic with less than 30,000k's on wont be suffering from lack of lube!

*If* they replace the brake pads... normally either some lube (or I think a anti squeel plate) goes on the back. Sometimes it's the non contact side of the brake pad that makes the squeel...
    07 FD1 - Pics
    Full Mugen Kit
    TopFuel zero-1000 SRI
    18" Rays G-Games 99b
    OzHonda sticker x 2

Member Array
    Car:
    hondas suck <3
    this isnt minor man 30 thou is early 2 have breaks squeekin innit?

Banned Array
    At Your Local Shopping center picking up 15 year olds!
    Car:
    DC5-S
    Look its really up to the individual situation, I mean lets not get hasty now! maybe he was a little hard on the breaks one day & whilst he was driving he drove through a puddle of water which supercooled the discs & pads & thats why their a little squekky now!

Don't know... but it's not like the FDs have a unique braking system.
    07 FD1 - Pics
    Full Mugen Kit
    TopFuel zero-1000 SRI
    18" Rays G-Games 99b
    OzHonda sticker x 2

whos to say weather 30k is to early or now.. he maybe heavy footed.. and drives like a maniac.

VOLTEX Array
    Car:
    Bus Route 703
    Quote Originally Posted by markCivicVti View Post

yeah im also kind of getting sick of these threads getting posted up, its starting to give me the shits

btw i dont have any squeeking of brakes, nearly done 20k kms
    Winton 1:37.76 Phillip Island 1:55.27

Member Array
    Car:
    bmw
    Quote Originally Posted by Stig View Post
    yeah im also kind of getting sick of these threads getting posted up, its starting to give me the shits

thats because they belong in the noob section.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    ive done 2k and my brakes are fine =D. hehehe.