Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DMC-12

Help in Tuning the AMP

i'm getting excessive treble at the front speakers and splits. not enough bass. What i want to do is to trick the ears so that it feels like the bass is coming from the front but the rear is helping too

i'm looking at the amp and I see a knob for Bass Boost, Frequency, and Input. there's also a switch LP, HP, FLAT. both front and rear are currently set to HP.

what's the ideal setting? do i turn the knobs using a philips head screwdriver? the rear speakers are JL Audio 6x9 and the front speakers/splits are Kevlar Response.

thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2
    Well seeing as though you said you have no sub, im assuming that you don't.
    So the best way for you to get more bass out of the speakers would be to set the speakers to FLAT so they get all the ranges of frequency but the tweeters still do get the high frequencies as you have them set through the crossover.

Member Array
    Car:
    DMC-12
    oh really.. what about LP? what do they mean anyway? HP, LP, and FLAT? is it safe to toggle the switch to any of those 3?

i'll post a pic of the amp shortly..

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Ferio 99
    LP means Low pass
    HP means high pass
    and flat means full range

since you had it on HP thats why you only had treble playing back.

Member Array
    Car:
    DMC-12
    so what do you reckon? shall i put both front and rear to FLAT?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic Ferio 99
    yes

because ur not running any subs, so your surround speakers should put out all frequency's

personal choice thou

Member Array
    Car:
    DMC-12
    okay i'll try that. leaving work now so i'll see when i'm driving home.

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    well
    i got 6x9s in my rear, running them on hp, with the bass set to just under half, and have the filter set to about 90hz i think off the top of my head.
    my splits in the front i have set to hp, and set at nearly full hz, they still sound great with the 6x9s in the back. just have to play around with it champ and see what you like really!
    everyone likes different sounds

Member Array
    Car:
    DMC-12
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXDEL501 View Post
    well
    i got 6x9s in my rear, running them on hp, with the bass set to just under half, and have the filter set to about 90hz i think off the top of my head.
    my splits in the front i have set to hp, and set at nearly full hz, they still sound great with the 6x9s in the back. just have to play around with it champ and see what you like really!
    everyone likes different sounds
    oh i see.. what bass setting did you put on your front splits?

when you say 90hz, is that the frequency setting? how does it affect the sound by having it to high compared to having it to low?

well i play mostly RnB, HipHop, and Rock music. So i think having a reasonable amount of bass and clarity is what i really want.

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    Quote Originally Posted by outatime View Post
    oh i see.. what bass setting did you put on your front splits?

when you say 90hz, is that the frequency setting? how does it affect the sound by having it to high compared to having it to low?

well i play mostly RnB, HipHop, and Rock music. So i think having a reasonable amount of bass and clarity is what i really want.
    yep thats right.
    i listen too prety much the same thing, but like i said, its pretty much just trial and error, and deciding what you like.

my splits bass is set to nothing, most the bass comes from the rears, but my fronts still dont sound too trebley. i have jbl front splits, they are pretty good.

what amp are you running?

Member Array
    Car:
    DMC-12
    the amp is JBL. the front speakers and splits are kevlar response top end model. and the rears are the 6x9 JL Audio top end model. so i think these speakers can handle a pretty good beating..

i'll try your settings and see how it goes.

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    well I got pretty much same stuff let me know but like I said everyones ears like different sounds