Member Array
    Car:
    S2k, Ek CXi, R33 S2 GTST

[DIY] How to remove jammed cd's from stacker [Pics inside]

Hey guys,

Thought I would post up a DIY of how to remove jammed cd's from your stacker, when the automatic eject button will not work.

Firstly is remove the 3x Philips head screws on each side of the stacker:

Secondly, Disconnect the stackers plug put push in this clip. The stacker will then pull out.

Remove these 4 Philips head screws.

Pull the metal lid from the bottom up, and away from yourself

Now place a flat head screw driver on this clip (there is one on the other side) and this will free the faceplate.

Now you can remove the secondary faceplate with the eject button (not necessary but i did this to make sure the button etc was aligned up). This is done by remove the three Philips head screws.

Again, place the flat head screw driver behind these clips, and GENTLY pull up, be careful not to break the clips! Repeat on the other side.

The secondary face plate will now be removed.

Turn the stacker on its face, and put a flat head screw driver down the back of it. You will see a small clip with a spring on it. Push this clip to the right.

You will hear a small 'click' and this will release the stacker.

Now all you've got to do is pull the stacker out and remove the jammed cd.

Done.

Now to put it back together, reverse the steps & test the unit!

Mine worked perfect after doing so!

**** make sure when plugging the cable back in you ensure the pins line up to make sure you do not bend any of them!

Hope this helps anyone out there with any further issues! Any questions PM me.

Regards,

Dayne

*this is a DIY and should be used as a guide and a guide only! I take no responsibility for any damages that occur from following this DIY.

S2Krazy Array
    This is why I upgraded to an Alpine 6 stacker.

The OEM is crapola.

Nice write up.

+2.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...