Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 Civic Coupe

Anyways of getting cold air in a stock box?

As i know alot of you are aware of the "U" shaped piping in the EK Air Box, is there a pipe which can replace that to a pipe that comes down for Cold air? would it do anything? or would it just be as good to remove the "U" piping and let air flow straight from the bottom of the box.?

Banned Array
    Car:
    Mud Crow
    just cut that u thing in half so it draws air in from behind the bar.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    read hot 4's magazine.. they featured making ur stock box into a cold air intake many many times

Member Array
    Car:
    ホンダ
    I took out the U shape pipe, make a hole on fount pumper and get a 3" prastic pipe to feed the cold air into the box.....very effective indeed.

PS:To maximise the effect of CAI, u can take your right hand side head light off!!!
    地下インポート
    www.undergroundimports.com.au

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    go to like a hardware store and make up some custom shit.

usually consisting of cable ties and duct tape. i got this on my eg into a EG6 stock box, should be similar to your eK. these are old pic, its a bit different now.

i cut a hole in the front bar where the fake 'brake duct' is, blah blah just use some common sence when making some ducting up.

i know these pics look ghetto but least it works

oh wrd!

thats nice man... i was finkin of doing that for my ek...

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 Civic Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Baopham
    read hot 4's magazine.. they featured making ur stock box into a cold air intake many many times
    Bao hrmm by any chance do u have the thread link? but anyways ill go try search heheh..

EGSi nice job.. i thot about doing the same from the bumper where the foglights should be but ive considere puttin foglights instead..

but thanks for the input guys!>.. just one mroe question which came to mind alot of CAI head out in a grill or somehting, how about if i just customise some pipe which heads to the ground would it be just as effective or atleast suck cooler air than it would normally would with the "U"

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwooootz
    but thanks for the input guys!>.. just one mroe question which came to mind alot of CAI head out in a grill or somehting, how about if i just customise some pipe which heads to the ground would it be just as effective or atleast suck cooler air than it would normally would with the "U"

man ^^ that doesnt make sense.... retype it or something

then we can help
    oh wrd!

Member Array
    Car:
    ホンダ
    pipe need to face to the fount (not towards the ground)........so when the car move, air suck in.
    地下インポート
    www.undergroundimports.com.au

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry
    pipe need to face to the fount (not towards the ground)........so when the car move, air suck in.
    air suck in? very technical terry!!

bahahah u crack me up, but yes all a pipe aimed at teh ground is gonna do is suck up hot air off the road
    oh wrd!

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 Civic Coupe
    hahaha thanks question answered lol..

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    Quote Originally Posted by egSi
    go to like a hardware store and make up some custom shit.

usually consisting of cable ties and duct tape. i got this on my eg into a EG6 stock box, should be similar to your eK. these are old pic, its a bit different now.

i cut a hole in the front bar where the fake 'brake duct' is, blah blah just use some common sence when making some ducting up.

i know these pics look ghetto but least it works

trav... thats wat i m goin to do ... but apart from cold air .. will i be gettin water in as well??? in rainy days..