Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT

Australia's Best mid sized Car 2004 - not the Euro

Hi - check this out - released today. Some very interesting scores - Euro below average for practicability (what the?) - and security (?) and depreciation (note Holden Vectra has better resale than Euro - total bs in my view).

Euro wins "on the road" scoring out of all medium cars short listed over $28k (performance, ride, braking, handling).

http://www.australiasbestcars.com.au...dsize_over.pdf

http://www.australiasbestcars.com.au/2004/mid_over.htm
    Last edited by yfin; 12-11-2004 at 01:04 PM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I wonder what is the criteria for practicality?

Is it:
    Doesn't come in a stationwagon configuration?

How does the Mini Cooper 1.6 get 5 for depreciation? Maybe it's because the owners don't want to lose any money over selling it, so they don't sell unless they get almost the brand new price?!
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Didn't rate too badly....but for practicality it got the same as 1-series...what the heck? the back seats in the one series is practically none-existent...the euro however has plenty of room...

Depreciation...hmm..did they use the luxury or the basic...cause although luxury models have kept their price quite well...the basic one i've seen for sale quite cheap when used...

How do they rate the 1-series based on resale...it just came out...

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    I agree with all your points raised ppl.

Liberty is a great car however I also question the criteria for practicality.'

Then again, we know what the euro is cpapable of and is. It or the owners themselves don't need recognition.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Just depends on the judging panel. I guess they hate the Euro. They would have to. How could you give it a 2 for practicality? I guess because there is only 2 models and they both come fully loaded that it misses out? And it doesn't come in a hatch or wagon?

"Practicality: A judgment of the access/seating, practicality and intended use of the vehicle by test panel, including the range of body configurations. Consider cargo/storage areas, seat folding or removal and seatbelts/anchorages. Vehicles are penalized for impractical features such as space-saver tyres etc."

Hey, they gave the holden vectra a better environment score than the civic hybrid. Goes to show they are full of crap and drive commodores.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive
    "Practicality: A judgment of the access/seating, practicality and intended use of the vehicle by test panel, including the range of body configurations. Consider cargo/storage areas, seat folding or removal and seatbelts/anchorages. Vehicles are penalized for impractical features such as space-saver tyres etc."
    Must be the space-saver tyres!
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by euro77
    Must be the space-saver tyres!
    Yeah.

It got a 2 for security instead of a 5 because it doesn't have data dots?
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Memory oF A PIMP'n Euro Array
    Car:
    Bavarian Motor Works
    Yeah Subaru's have data dots because they are targeted to be stolen or used as getaway cars from cops. The best thing for security is having insurance not data dots. If the car gets stolen at least u get a new car.

The Liberty is a nice car. But i only think the Liberty GT is better then the Euro. If they were comparing a Liberty 2.5 or a Euro as they did in this test i would pick the Euro...

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I also think the Liberty 2.5 had worse fuel consumption than the Euro (auto) from the review in Wheels.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

liberty 2.5 is in my point of view is not as good as the euro in any point. Maybe the gt and 3 litre but the 2.5??? they must be kidding themselves really. By the wya i just noticed that subaru liberty got more in handling than the mazda and euro.???/ The liberties have little or no steering feel. This is just peice of bulshit/
    Last edited by Faiz; 12-11-2004 at 03:53 PM.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    ..... I Am Disgusted .....
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

o4 Euro... [EUROTIC] Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Luxury
    Put it this way hopefully the dumb people go and but mazda 6's with the Hyundai like interiors, and we can just laugh at them

all the way
    [EUROTIC]
    04 Euro Luxury.... now retired