Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha

CompTech Short Shifter Installed

It's IN!!!!

Arrived today... Many thanks to BABOO who ordered the SS Kit for me...

Well.. Installation was a pain in the arse.. The instructions to do it don't really work for me, they made it sound like it's so easy that it can be done in an hour... All CRAP! Took me 2 Hours because the stupid ball wouldn't come off according to Comptech or NeuSpeed's instructions, I had to do it my own way..

Other problems encountered was the ball wouldn't fit into the SS kit and I had to grind a bit off.. but that's no biggie...

BUT... IN THE END..

THE SHIFTER IS FAAARRRRKING SWEEEEEET!!! THe throw is so much shorter, The Euro has a 45mm Shift throw, after installation, I measured the shift throw and it's a freaking 29mm... Even shorter than the S2K! It's so short sometimes I wonder if I am in gear or neutral...

I'm still getting used to the shifting as it has a totally different feel now.. WEEEEEEE!!!!!

CHEERS
    Nick
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Don't you just love american instructions!

It sounds like another item added to the list of things to get. How much too big was the ball that fits into the ss kit?
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Farking fantastic Nick!
    BNR34 N1 spec
    QR Sprint - 57.79
    QR Clubman - 60.74
    QR National - 1:22.71

Memory oF A PIMP'n Euro Array
    Car:
    Bavarian Motor Works
    Awesome....

Don't u love instructions the American's give u. The Injen instructions they gave me looked as it was a piss of a cake as well to install, but in reality it took me 4 hours just to put it on....

Ur gear shifting should be nice and slick now...

In no time u should be used to the shorter throw...
    Last edited by Pum[Z]; 23-11-2004 at 08:20 PM.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    UPDATE :

The CompTech Short Shifter requires the use of LocTite glue to stick the shifter to the OEM knob..

What I did was to use the supplied screws to hold it in place without using LocTite and after one month which includes hard shifting to see how it holds... I dismantled the console and had a check... the screws are still in place...

Just a note to those who are planning to install one of these that's all..

CHEERS
    Nick
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Hey Nick, how is ya short shifter going anyways?
    Would you ever go back to standard?
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

standard throw seems very long compare to the comptech ss. U got to try it to appreciate it, but I found that if I was down shifting on the track I wonder if it's in gear sometimes cos the throw is too short.
    BNR34 N1 spec
    QR Sprint - 57.79
    QR Clubman - 60.74

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Quote Originally Posted by baboo
    standard throw seems very long compare to the comptech ss. U got to try it to appreciate it, but I found that if I was down shifting on the track I wonder if it's in gear sometimes cos the throw is too short.
    AGREED...

The OEM throw is already short (Almost the same with the S2K).. What I find with this CompTech Unit is that it makes it SOOOOOO short that like Baboo... I wonder at times if I am in fourth or second gear...

Baboo, did u glue it with LocTite?

CHEERS
    Nick

Yeah, I glued it with Loctite.. but I only used a little bit.

But I think it should be alright just using the screws, neuspeed one only supply with screws no loctite.
    BNR34 N1 spec
    QR Sprint - 57.79
    QR Clubman - 60.74