Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED6 EK4 R56 AP1
    deleted.
    Last edited by ATSEK4; 09-04-2006 at 03:50 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    wtf? 11kw? ummm are u sure ur not comparing ur at engine figure from factory (118) to your at wheel figure ? : )

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    "not a bad way to spend 10 thousand dollars" or somethin from FnF!

Thats some nice mods... you should be putting out more power imo with all that... Like you said different dynos are different.. was the 11kw increase measured from the same dyno .. the same one u dynoed at stock and at modded?

Ghost wats with ur 2nd post? is that in the right thread? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by z3lda
    ey, was drivin a honda city before...
    felt like the biggest poofter in the world..LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S but not for long...
    ...... i'm pretty sure my Intake modded civic would pull more than 84 man...

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by ATSEK4
    Yea.. it was on the same dyno ! just the 84kw one on different dyno. Need some toda experts to answer my questions.
    Ask TODA AU, anyway i asked for you already.......

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic B16A
    Dude, have you read about Toda Spec A cams?...it is close to CTR cams...So, for me i won't expect so much out of it....i think the most you will gain around 15kw or may b 18kw max??....

Vtec is not an easy power gain engine, and you must accept the fact...if you think that is slow, you're kinda wrong, or lets put it in a nicer way, match your gears with your engine spec, "changing 3rd 4th and 5th and the LSD as well", then only you say that your car is slow...

actually, 11kw gain is quite okay, that means your gain around 17 hp at the engine...not bad what...still quite alot...but if you are expecting 40-50kw gain, 10k is too little to start with i can tell you...even 20k couldn't get you there, you might end up spending around 30k just to get your bloody engine close to 260hp or more, with freaking high compression...and you will also end up with EF Gas running engine....but that can b fix...

anyway, my point is that, 10k, on a honda, err...haha....is really something you cannot expect much out of...

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic B16A
    the only thing now i'm thinking is that, why people always think that after you port your head and with a bigger TB you will gain alot of power...ehh...sometime BIG doesn't mean you will get more HP, if it's bad, you'll lose power...Vtec, as i always said, the key to optimise the power and the torque is really smooth inlet and outlet, means that your head job must be damn perfect plus matching the flow of TB and intake manifold...with a better compression by using thinner gasket and Shaving bitz of the head, you can get a pretty good responsive car....other than that, if up to you to find out yourself...hehe...ehhh..i might be wrong, tats my own concept anyway...hehe...

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic B16A
    one more thing, i've read this web, saying an ITR using Toda C cams is going at 280hp...i wonder how they do that, if anyone knows, please tell me...

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    ATSEK4
    Unfortunatly, your set-up is ordinary at best.
    It is clear a less than ideal combination of parts, combined with possible poor head porting & possible poor assembly, when mixed with tuning of any ability nets the power results you've got...
    As harsh as it may sound, did you get what you paid for?
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    Id lose the 70mm TB and perhaps go with an ITR one for the setup you have.

Quote Originally Posted by TODA AU
    ATSEK4
    Unfortunatly, your set-up is ordinary at best.
    It is clear a less than ideal combination of parts, combined with possible poor head porting & possible poor assembly, when mixed with tuning of any ability nets the power results you've got...
    As harsh as it may sound, did you get what you paid for?
    Just what I was going to say Adrain.
    There are a few B16A powered Civic's running around that have no internal mods done to the engine only H/E/I and some form of ECU controller or a complete stand alone ECU and are making more power than this car.
    Regards Dyno Dave
    Buddyclub Australia
    Member of Master Of Vtec Group

Quote Originally Posted by ATSEK4
    Toda A cam,
    Toda A CAM

Just to help you guys out a bit...... is it safe to say that you are running only one Toda A cam?? Like just the intake cam?