Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Honda CR-Z hybrid needs more pizzazz - Drive News

hmmm... sounds interesting...

The world’s first hybrid sports car promised so much but doesn’t wow with its on-paper prowess.

Honda’s radical hybrid powered concept car stopped showgoers two years ago in Tokyo, but the Detroit motor show production version was a lot less sassy.

The Honda CR-Z's proportions are underwhelming; the long, low overhang at the front was partly an attempt at sporting style but also an unhappy necessity prompted by the need to comply with pedestrian safety requirements.

Of course, the Honda CR-Z is meant to be a petrol-electric hybrid sports car, rather than the far more common petrol-electric hybrid eco-car.

The potential problem with that appears to be the basic hybrid system it shares with the Civic Hybrid and the Insight.

The 1.5-litre engine (up from 1.3-litres in Civic and Insight) and its supplementary electric motor manage to produce 90kW, 173Nm and a preliminary best fuel consumption estimate of 6.2L/100km.

This system is old-tech enough to still be employing nickel-metal hydride batteries. Chief engineer Norio Tomobe told Drive the CR-Z retained Honda's existing hybrid system for cost reasons.

So when it turns up in Australia in the second half of 2011 let's hope it's an affordable drive - as well as more enjoyable than it looks.
    source

ADDED: CR-Z promo VIDEO
    Last edited by denot; 22-01-2010 at 10:38 AM.

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Promised a princess:

Given an old lady:

This seems to be a higher spec model since the hazard button and the seat are different. Looks much better than the model above.
    Last edited by aaronng; 13-01-2010 at 04:28 PM.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

I think the interior still look better rather than the exterior

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 & 03 S2K
    I think both interior and exteriors look nice. Obviously it could do with much larger wheels but they're not going to come stock with 18 or 19" - what little eco car would?

Anyway, interior is much nicer than the new focus which has too many lines, angles and materials going on at once. Can't wait!

aw man. looks so much shitter than the concept. guess i'm not suprised.

interior still looks ok tho, but the side on exterior shot is such a let down....

Yeah, the only thing I dont like about the exterior is the back.... Why all honda's new hybrid car has to look like a prius?

Member Array
    Car:
    grey 94' EGG
    i say those honda bigwigs giv the nod of approval for the CRZ to get a k-series and a type r badge

wot do u guys rekon!

muhuhahahah IMO

Member Array
    Car:
    grey 94' EGG
    oh and sum recaros! kekke

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    leave it alone... i reackon it looks great.
    You would only really appreciate the CR-Z if u have owned a gen2 crx and seen its transformation.

Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    i've started saving and on friday night and saturday night im off to sell my body for some art... :P hahaha

no news if this will definitely be released in Australia but gives up almost 2yrs to save ppl 40K? maybe $50k?
    GENONE - 1983 Honda CRX | BANDIT - 1984 Honda CRX/HKS Supercharger | SINISTR - 1991 Honda CRX | RACECRX - 1983 Honda CRX with JDM B16A

We need to wait till they release official power figure... maybe that will change our mind...

Member Array
    Car:
    83,83 & 84 gen1s & 91 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by denot View Post
    We need to wait till they release official power figure... maybe that will change our mind...
    power isn't everything and you could attempt to swap something into it
    GENONE - 1983 Honda CRX | BANDIT - 1984 Honda CRX/HKS Supercharger | SINISTR - 1991 Honda CRX | RACECRX - 1983 Honda CRX with JDM B16A