Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Help ... Buying a CRX

hey,

im looking into buying myself a CRX im looking to get a recent model one like 94 +
    I want a car that looks good and goes fast. I understand that a CRX is 115kw standard is it hard to increase this. Like dramaticly increase it. I want to look good and still have street cred too.
    How much would i be looking to pay for a CRX with electric targa top? as low k's as possible and as standard body as possible. as i want to make my own look

Thanks for any help

Deevon

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    hahahaha good luck with electric roof, rare, very rare
    only about 4-5 in melb as far as i know
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Member Array
    Car:
    Silver Coupe
    AVOID the electric roof. Most of them are stuffed by now and cost big bucks to replace. Plus it just adds weight to an already heavy car. Make sure you check the Targa seals these are also big bucks to replace.

From memory only the imports have the electric roof and not all of them have the B16a some have the SOHC engine in them.

Theres a million parts and mods for the B16a engine that comes standard in all Australian delivered Gen3 crx's. It depends on how much power you want to make and what your budget is. BLKCRX has over 400kws at wheels with this engine still running the 1600cc displacement (with a very crazy turbo setup ).

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Quote Originally Posted by Deevon
    hey,

im looking into buying myself a CRX im looking to get a recent model one like 94 +
    I want a car that looks good and goes fast. I understand that a CRX is 115kw standard is it hard to increase this. Like dramaticly increase it. I want to look good and still have street cred too.
    How much would i be looking to pay for a CRX with electric targa top? as low k's as possible and as standard body as possible. as i want to make my own look

Thanks for any help

Deevon
    Hey Man, there are currently 2 or 3 Gen 3 crx's forsale on www.crxaustralia.com they are still working on the site so I can get the chaps Ph Nos. if you like? One has an electric targa top low kms. You can dramatically increase performance NA or FI, you just need dollars.
    Deano.

is it a common problem for the targa tops to leak? as i have heard with the aerotop supras they leak whenever you use a high pressure hose.
    How can i cheak to make sure the electric roof's are in good condition? is it easy to do it manualy?
    Is there any common problem with the CRX's that i should look out for?
    my budget is about $20 grand but am willing to go a little over if i like the car enough

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    honda targa's dont leak, but they do squeek

do a search on this forum for things to look for when buying a 92 on crx

how area they on the fuel. As i drive a 1.5 carby lancer and runs on the fumes. Anyone know the weight of the CRX with electric roof as i have someone looking to sell one at the moment

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Quote Originally Posted by Deevon
    how area they on the fuel. As i drive a 1.5 carby lancer and runs on the fumes. Anyone know the weight of the CRX with electric roof as i have someone looking to sell one at the moment
    Fuel consumption is 9L or 10L per 100km's (B16A) and weight is 1114kg. Not sure how much the electric roof would weigh, but that is on top of the figure quoted.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 Civic EK1
    Quote Originally Posted by DLO01
    Fuel consumption is 9L or 10L per 100km's (B16A) and weight is 1114kg. Not sure how much the electric roof would weigh, but that is on top of the figure quoted.
    faarkk dats alot of kg for such a small car

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 VTi + misc.
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR Coupe
    Make sure you check the Targa seals these are also big bucks to replace.
    what kind of big buck are you talking about? last time i called, the seal prices were pretty okay

Quote Originally Posted by CTR Coupe
    BLKCRX has over 400kws at wheels with this engine still running the 1600cc displacement (with a very crazy turbo setup ).
    thought that has B18 in it
    Quote Originally Posted by duped View Post
    Hahah... Nah sorry, i've got a boyfriend. Sorry Campbell.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    v3rdino: For a little car the del sol is heavy.

EZZY: As quoted from honda the rubbers sealing the targa roof (front, rear, left side, right side) from memory was just over $1000.

BLKCRX is a 1.6L
    Deano.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Heres one on Crx Australia Deevon:

94 Gen 3 Transtop. B16a VTEC, Red
    ONLY 44,500kms!! still new, stored in garage for 6yrs
    extractors, 2 1/4' exhaust
    NEW BSA wheels
    10 stacker CD player
    electric roof