Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Euro Lux 5AT

Window tinting for happy new euro owner!!

Just took delivery of my blue Euro on Monday. Very satisfied with it indeed. The car is available for pickup much earlier than expected. I only waited for like 10 days when I was told I had to wait for 3 weeks.

Now I am going to get it tinted. Does any body in the Brisbane area know any good place to do window tinting for the Euro?

Memory oF A PIMP'n Euro Array
    Car:
    Bavarian Motor Works
    Congrats on ur new Blue Euro...

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Luxury Accord Euro

Thumbs up

Congrats, nice color too you will love it, and so will everyone else Trust me I have lost count the amount of times I have been stopped for compliments on the car and color !

Why didn't you just get the dealer to organise the tint? I just got my dealer to throw Ming tints on, looks good and blocks out 99 percent of UV rays

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn2004
    Why didn't you just get the dealer to organise the tint? I just got my dealer to throw Ming tints on, looks good and blocks out 99 percent of UV rays
    Because they would rip you off for it.

If you just ask the dealer where they normally get their cars done, ask how much they charge, then decline it. After you collect your car, go to the same place and get a price for yourself. You'll be shocked how much cheaper it is for the exact same tint.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn2004
    Why didn't you just get the dealer to organise the tint?
    Hell no! my dealer wanted $600 or $650 or something stupid for tint. They also said that scratches on the inside was bullshit and no felt was needed.

my view, get tint done your self and make sure they put felt on the inside of the door. Scratched tint looks shithouse.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz
    Pity you aren't in Melbourne mate I can get Ming Tint for 180 Cash fitted.

Please do not PM Re this my contact has left the company.
    Last edited by Peekay34; 04-06-2006 at 05:40 PM.
    Red Honda Jazz Vti-S, Updated stereo, Subwoofer, Red Trim Kit, Sports Grille.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive
    Hell no! my dealer wanted $600 or $650 or something stupid for tint. They also said that scratches on the inside was bullshit and no felt was needed.

my view, get tint done your self and make sure they put felt on the inside of the door. Scratched tint looks shithouse.
    the felt thing is true.

I got my dealer to organise the tint, but screwed em for pricing. only so I can point the finger at them if anything goes wrong, they cant turn around and wipe their hands of it. I feal I I organised it my self then the window tint place would blame Honda and vice versa

cheep insurance, get your dealer to organise it. IMO

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive

Totally agree! I got mine done with the dealer, after about two weeks, I got a straight line on the tint on both driver and passanger side. Took it back to the dealer, they couldnt do anything about it, they told me that it can happen in Accord, no garauntees my friend, not their fault! Pissed me off big time, so I just had to fix it myself. Live an Learn!

Car:
    Bavarian Motor Works
    Yeah definetly get ur tint done by urself and don't pay thru the nose for tint on the dealer...

If u do pay for tint from the dealer ur just a lazy bugger

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Euro Lux 5AT
    Hello guys, thanks for your input.

Yea...the dealer didn't want to cut the price of the tinting. I was quoted $450 at one dealer and $495 at the dealer I bought the car from! What a rip off! When I haggled and haggled and finally got a good price on the car, there poped in an aftermarket sales who tried to sell me paint protection, rust protection, sound deadening and also window tinting and she asked for $1600! I may do it if that's $500. Then of course I refused her offer politely.

Do you guys know what would be a reasonable price for good window tinting? I find that most tinting places askes for around 250-300.

Car:
    Bavarian Motor Works
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza
    Hello guys, thanks for your input.

Yea...the dealer didn't want to cut the price of the tinting. I was quoted $450 at one dealer and $495 at the dealer I bought the car from! What a rip off! When I haggled and haggled and finally got a good price on the car, there poped in an aftermarket sales who tried to sell me paint protection, rust protection, sound deadening and also window tinting and she asked for $1600! I may do it if that's $500. Then of course I refused her offer politely.

Do you guys know what would be a reasonable price for good window tinting? I find that most tinting places askes for around 250-300.
    Yeah thats a reasonable price.. Got my Illegal 05 tint for $330 with felt put on so not to scratch my tint... But took them off and put legal reflective tint for $300.... So yeah ur estimation is in the ball park...

Pum[z] got a pic of your legal reflective tint, im considering this for my car