Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Accord Euro

Thumbs up Euro 05 New Car Review - The Age / drive.com.au

Hi all,

This is the first 05 Euro review that I have seen, it was published in the The Age's Drive liftout yesterday. The full article can be viewed online here:

http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/ar...f=7&bg=24&pp=3

I always love it when they compare the Euro to BMW's, Audi's, Alfa's etc, and it's also re-assuring to see your car in a positive review , makes you feel like you have made the right choice!

The article mentions the upgraded suspension is more stiffer? Was this introduced only on the Luxury or both models? Has anybody had an opportunity to compare the differences in the old and new suspension setup/ride quality?

The reviewer also mentions that the steering is a bit lacking in feedback, I don't tend to agree with that statement, what do you folks think?

Anyway, good review overall.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Euros Rock!

I agree with the suspension part. My 04 accord could be a *lot* stiffer. And the 17s would have been better! If I only I held out hey. Nah seriouisly. Those things are minor but otherwise a gloring review on the 05.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Hmm, "Could use more low-speed pulling power and sharper steering."

What do these guys drive? 5.7 litre V8s on an MR chassis??? The Euro's steering is sharp enough. Even the TS Astra which keeps controlling the small car segment because of its sharp steering and suspension is no match for the Euro, in BOTH departments. I used to drive the TS Astra sedan before getting my Euro BTW.

I reckon these guys just read reviews from magazines that actually DO testdrive them such as Wheels and Motor and then regurgitate it for the newspaper and add in the news bits such as the new rims. That's because ALL the reviews in Motor and Wheels report a lack of steering feedback, but that was because it was using the old Michellin tyres (which have a surprisingly soft sidewall) and hence the lack of feedback. With our Dunlop SP sport tyres, although not the best, the Euro doesn't exhibit a lack of feedback.!
    Last edited by aaronng; 03-02-2005 at 11:16 AM.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 CRV Sport
    yet another good review on the best Honda in years.

But you know what? Everyone comments on how the blue wood trim doesnt do it for them and I have to agree. What where they thinking? Why not just put the usual wood coloured trim instead!

Memory oF A PIMP'n Euro Array
    Car:
    Bavarian Motor Works
    Good Review on the euro...

Definetly makes u glad u bought one

Quote Originally Posted by bigdongers
    yet another good review on the best Honda in years.

But you know what? Everyone comments on how the blue wood trim doesnt do it for them and I have to agree. What where they thinking? Why not just put the usual wood coloured trim instead!

I almost got the silver/blue wood trim, looks good imho in a dark interior, might look average in the beige/cream interior !!

have a good one !
    TEAM YUM CHA DAILY

Quote Originally Posted by Krogoth
    so damn coooool, lol, u mite just 5h1t urself

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    Awesome dude. The euro rocks!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Euro Lux 5AT
    Gotta love the Euro more and more!

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Luxury Accord Euro

Thumbs up

Yep I am definately happy with my Euro, the more I drive it, the more compliments I get and the better I feel about what is still a big purchase The review is great, I agree with pretty much everything except the steering bit! Glad I got one that is for sure, just wish I could have got 17 inch rims

I am seeing more and more Euro's around so it seems that the word is spreading, it is actually rare that I don't see one each time I go out!

Euro's ROCK !!

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1, CL9
    they put 225 tyres on the 05 euro??
    i am not sure ... but ... is that too much for a standar euro?
    100% is gonna help when in a single corner and breaking.....
    but what if there is S corner??
    Acceleration???
    top-speed???

factory CL7 comes with 195 tyre only... ppls upgrade it to 225 at most....
    http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/accord/grade-data/

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by learner
    factory CL7 comes with 195 tyre only... ppls upgrade it to 225 at most....
    http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/accord/grade-data/
    The CL7 on that page is not the EuroR man.. That's the regular 155hp 2.0 litre engine.
    The Euro R comes with 215/45R17 87W tyres.
    http://www.honda.co.jp/auto-lineup/a...ata/index.html

I think fuel consumption and cabin noise should be worse with that wider, low-profile tyres.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    I think fuel consumption and cabin noise should be worse with that wider, low-profile tyres.
    I have been running 225/17 for a while. Fuel consumption is no different - nor is cabin noise. I will probably go for 235 when I change this set to fill the wheel arches just that little bit more and for extra grip.