Member Array
    Car:
    Was '04 Accord Euro, GP

Another Euro Dyno Result

Well today I'd planned on getting my Apex'i RSM and G-Sensor installed and doing a dyno run.

I also recieved my Injen Intake, Comptech Short Shift, and Hondata Heat Shield gasket from my mate in the US,( http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16196 )and yes I avoided any import duties. He did a great job of turning it into a gift.

The other filter is a BMC double cone filter that I bought locally.

So I figured I might as well have the short shift installed while they have the console removed to install the RSM. Unfortunately they didn't have any luck getting it connected using the H-48 ECU wiring pin diagram from Defi for the CL9 ( http://www.nippon-seiki.co.jp/defi/car/list.html ), so I've yet to have it installed. (EuroAccord13 you're going to have a PM or two) I ended up just with the short shift installed (cost me more than intended as I wanted to do that install myself) but I must say I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!. The shift now I feel is the perfect length (maybe it could go a little shorter) and I can confidently shift faster and smoother between gears, especially first to second gear than with the standard shift. Getting familiar with it literally took no more than about 2mins.

I finished up with a dyno run.....and of course the printer was buggered so all I have at the moment is a photo of the locked up computer monitor displaying the results. The guy's at Mercury Motorsport are going to email me copies of the results monday.

So after 23,000+ km and with zero performance modifications besides switching to Mobil 1 (Gold Bottle) 10W-40 at the 20K service my car's putting down 115.2kW (154.5HP) to the wheels which is 4HP less than the more powerful standard TSX dyno chart obtained from www.injen.com

Not bad I guess, and I can't wait to see the results from the heat shield, and then the CAI. Dare I hope for 130+kW????. Makes me wonder what yfin's done to get 120kW

Matell
    2004 GP Euro Std
    Comptech Short Shifter
    -----To Install-----
    +Hondata Heat Shield Gasket+Injen CAI+BMC Double Cone Filter+Apex'i RSM and G-Sensor.

Member Array
    Car:
    09Euro, 08CR-V
    where about is Mercury Sport?
    How do they normally charge if want to have the car tested on dyno?

Fantastic result Matt!!

I would love to have injec CAI & hondata headgasket. They would probably yield another 7 - 10kw or so atw

Member Array
    Car:
    Was '04 Accord Euro, GP
    http://www.mercurymotorsport.com.au/

They're on your left as you head west along Newmarket Rd in Wilston Unit 2/278 Newmarket Road is their address. Blink and you'll miss the small sign indicating where they are. My Euro is now the second they've had on the dyno. Baboo's being the first and currently prominent atop a white board adorned with DC2's and a few nice DC5 results.

$75 for a dyno run which isn't limited to the number of pull's. My car had about 6, the first three were wasted (not sure what happened) and I almost soiled myself when I looked at the monitor. It was showing something like 358HP I think. I looked closer to see it was from a previous, very loud turbo 180ZX (don't quote me).

did you runs yours at 3rd gear or 4th gear ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Was '04 Accord Euro, GP
    Pretty sure it was third that yielded this output. I've reviewed the video I took and I think he did the first in 4th, and the last two in 3rd. I can't be sure. My brain farted on me so I forgot to ask which gear he did the runs in. I hope it will be indicated on the results they email me when they've got their printer working. They speed with which it built rpm was too fast for fourth.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Matell
    So after 23,000+ km and with zero performance modifications besides switching to Mobil 1 (Gold Bottle) 10W-40 at the 20K service my car's putting down 115.2kW (154.5HP) to the wheels which is 4HP less than the more powerful standard TSX dyno chart obtained from www.injen.com

Not bad I guess, and I can't wait to see the results from the heat shield, and then the CAI. Dare I hope for 130+kW????. Makes me wonder what yfin's done to get 120kW
    What a great package to get in the mail! Looks like you even got the K&N drycharger?

Someone was telling me (can't recall who) that they measure cars on the dyno differently in the USA - so not sure whether the TSX charts are useful (you can still see the gain though). That TSX in the chart was also an auto!

You can't really compare dyno to dyno figures - but hey - I am happy with what I got. I haven't done anything to the engine except run synthetic oil since 10k. I think the lighter rims also made a few kw difference - some people think lighter rims do sweet fa all - that is until you have them on your own car and notice the difference. The only other thing I did was my secret run in method!
    Last edited by yfin; 05-03-2005 at 07:30 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Was '04 Accord Euro, GP
    Yep, it is a dry charger. I ordered that as it wasn't part of the Injen kit.

Yeah I know about comparing dyno's...and that the TSX Injen gave dyno results for was an auto.... hahaha thanks for shattering my illusion!!!!

I'd believe that light wheels, would result in a net increase in power. The lighter the rotational mass on the same frictional surface will require less torque to provide and maintain the same rotation and hence free up more power. The gains are probably marginal at best, but it'd be interesting if you put your original 16's back on and did another dyno.

The way the car's anchored to the dyno also makes a difference.

But still 120kW stock (bar 17"'s) is very sweet. You've got to be happy with that!. Secret run in method? hehe what's that??? Mine was to bounce it of the limiter in 1st gear driving it home from picking it up at the dealer with 12km on the odo!. hahaha I felt like such a fool!!!!
    Last edited by Matell; 05-03-2005 at 10:46 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Matell
    Secret run in method? hehe what's that??? Mine was to bounce it of the limiter in 1st gear driving it home from picking it up at the dealer with 12km on the odo!. hahaha I felt like such a fool!!!!
    If you saw the condition of my tyres you would know the method The guys at the dyno place laughed when they saw my feathered tyres - especially compared to Euro77's Dunlops with MORE kms on them. They were like new! (We were on the dyno back to back). I don't thrash my car - just make sure it gets its daily dose of VTEC and plenty of WOT.

Member Array
    Car:
    Was '04 Accord Euro, GP
    Ahh ok

I just came back from giving my car a good dose of 'tyre wear' caused by 'excessive launching' thanks to my new found eurpohria resulting from installing my Injen CAI. Great to now be able to hear and feel the vtec change over points. Dyno within a week I hope. I'm now a WOT junkie!!!!

Still hoping for EuroAccord13 to help me out with my RSM wiring problem

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Geez.. you guys are getting fantastic dyno readings on the Euro... Wondering what's wrong with mine LOL?? Did you do it in 4th gear?
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    Was '04 Accord Euro, GP
    I'm pretty sure it was third gear. If it were 4th from the results yfin had I'd imagine my 115.2kW would be closer 120kW in third.

That's what I get for being camera person for my own dyno run and suffering a gaseous eflux of logic from my brain to ask what gear he did the run in.

You've got an RSM with G-Sensor, so what power figure is that suggest you're making?