Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CL9|NA6CE

Impressions - improved suspension setup on Euro

So after 2-3 months, I finally installed baboo's Eibach prokit springs, as well as my newly accquired Whiteline rear swaybar.

You all know about the springs, so I won't go into detail. The swaybar is 18mm thick, while the stock one, from measurement, is actually 14mm, not 12mm as I first thought. Either way, 4mm may not seem much, but it's actually 173% increase in stiffness (according to Whiteline).

Impressions
    It's been 2 days since I've installed these items and so far it's been impressive. Biggest problem I've harped on about the Accord is the massive body roll, and that problem has been solved and I'm really happy about it. Not sure if it's the springs or the swaybar but either way, I've been able to corner more sharply and exiting corners with much less unwanted weight transfer, hence a much soild feel to the car.

Ride of the Eibach is better than I expected. At first I expected the springs to be very harsh on the ride, but to my amazement, it's actually very close and even at times better than the stock springs (not sure if it's just and psycological thing). Only gripe I have is speed humps!!

So these are my initial thoughs on my new mods. Yet to visit my local "proving grounds" for morethorough testing.

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    nice!
    im going to get my eibachs real soon as well but at the same time im thinkin of gettin shocks to go with it. possibly koni yellows.
    either that or i'll go with the type flex coilovers.....

but anyway, good to hear that the suspension has been improved. if u dont mind me asking, where did u acquire the whiteline swaybar?
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...

Member Array
    slugoid:
    Did u do before and after measurement on the height?
    Eibach claims prokits will lower Euro 30~40mm( on thier wensite)
    did they actually lower that much?

It would be great if u have taken before and after pics and show us!

Nice slugoid...how does the rear sway bar feel? does it give you more neutral steering feel or oversteer a bit?

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9|NA6CE
    I've taken pics on my dodgy camera phone. Will upload them later today.

SSML: 30-40cm sounds about right. With stock 16" rims the tyres just cover the gap with a 10mm clearance. Make me wanna get some 17" or 18", but I'm so poor now

Baboo: With everyday driving I get the impression it's more neutral steering, with a hint of oversteer. I can't really say much now until I test it a bit more or when it's near it's limits.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz
    Hmmmm looking forward to getting my Whiteline bar in as well..
    Red Honda Jazz Vti-S, Updated stereo, Subwoofer, Red Trim Kit, Sports Grille.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9|NA6CE
    Here's some quick pics from my phone.

Before

After

It's not very low, but somehow with 16's it looks kinda weird. I need some 17's. I'll get some full car shots once it's washed this weekend.

it should settled in about 2 weeks of driving...it will get lower.

how much is whiteline sway?

Member Array
    Car:
    forester xt
    baboo:

Heavy duty swaybar-rr
    R / 18 / C / Honda Accord Euro rear swaybar
    Code: #BHR80
    Price: AU$207.27 (Australian Dollars)
    NOTE: Australian deliveries must add 10% GST

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9|NA6CE
    I got it for $190

Friend ordered it for me, but took him 3-4 weeks to get it cos they apparently sent him the wrong part.

Member Array
    Car:
    forester xt
    That's awesome ... I was looking around for a better price on the web on and off for a day or two and then just ordered the damn thing!!

Will have to remember to contact when I'm next buying Whiteline gear ... :-D

Rod