Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury

Euro - replacement for OEM 16" Dunlop 2050E's ?

Hi guys

This questions applies to those who have 2003/2004 euros with the 16"s.

Have you replaced the OEM dunlops 205/55/16"s ? mine are currently 2mm from the indicators (i.e soon to be defect). I've done 20.5K on them and now looking into replacements.

Im interested in ...

1) Dunlop Direzza DZ101
    2) Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3

any thoughts ?

If yous are wondering how i've worn out my tyres in 20,000km
    i average 1000km a week and 300 of those kms on a friday or saturday night up and down twisties with my mates.

I dont really yearn to nor can i afford to upgrade to 17/18"s, besides i kind of like the gutter buffer of the fat 16's.

Mano
    Last edited by exISeuro; 27-03-2005 at 06:49 PM.
    2004 CL9 - SSR Professor MS1R/Federal 595 RS-R/Tein SS/Injen CAI/Whiteline RSB
    2006 FD1 - K&N Typhoon intake
    2012 Holden Commodore SV6 ute

Member Array
    Car:
    MY07 Accord Euro Lux!

Talking

I would highly highly recommend a set of Yokohamas C Drive Awesome tyre Heeps of grip in all situations when I change my tyres that's what Im going to get.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Any tyres except GoodYear Eagle F1
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    dz101
    EK4 SiR
    1:16.3 @wakfield
    1:58.9 @ eastern creek

Member Array
    Car:
    forester xt
    I'm in a similar position to you, I'll be replacing the Euro tyres soon with something in 16". I have Yokohama ES100's in 17" on my MX5 and I'm pretty happy with them but would like to try something different on the Euro. They provide much better grip than the following tyres:
    - standard MX5
    - standard Euro
    - standard 200SX S15
    - Dunlop FM901 (on 200SX S15)
    - Dunlop SP Sport 9000 (on 200SX S15)

Don't be put off by the Goodyear Eagle F1 part of the name on the GS-D3's, apparently they are MUCH better than previous/other Goodyear Eagle F1's. I have heard some good reviews about them from people who have actually owned them.

I highly recommend the Yoko ES100, but I will most likely get the GS-D3's for my Euro as they appear to be a fair bit cheaper than the equivalent in Yoko ES100 if my memory serves me correctly.

Rod

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by jolt
    I'm in a similar position to you, I'll be replacing the Euro tyres soon with something in 16". I have Yokohama ES100's in 17" on my MX5 and I'm pretty happy with them but would like to try something different on the Euro.

Rod
    yeah, Yoko definately provide u good grip.
    my mate's S15 (205-55-16) had a set of Yoko AVS sport V102 (top of range), great handling esp in wet, but wear out fast. he than "downgraded" to C-drive (see REV888's post) as suggested by the tyre shop.
    C-drive is cheaper, much quieter esp. on 2nd grade surface.more comfy. but he can feel not as grippy on wet surface..... but that's on a 6MT turbo FR without any kind of traction control on board.

Member Array
    Car:
    forester xt
    I really wanted to get V102's for my MX5 but unfortunately they didn't come in the size I needed to maintain similar rolling diameter to stock 16's (215/40 17).

Rod

if you're going for c drive type price in the yoko range, keep in mind it has a softer sidewall than the a539 (same price)... it doesnt point quite as well. I compared and got some advice from numerous people, and chose the a539 over the c drive. no regrets whatsoever

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by viperx
    if you're going for c drive type price in the yoko range, keep in mind it has a softer sidewall than the a539 (same price)... it doesnt point quite as well. I compared and got some advice from numerous people, and chose the a539 over the c drive. no regrets whatsoever
    yes, totally agree with u. I got A539 on my other car 225-60-15. it's noiser thou.so really depend on what u r looking for

Member Array
    Car:
    09Euro, 08CR-V
    Quote Originally Posted by exISeuro
    Hi guys

Im interested in ...

1) Dunlop Direzza DZ101
    2) Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3

any thoughts ?

Mano
    Hi:
    My SP2050 probably got another 5000km to go. 10000km if lucky.

I've been talking to Beaurepair tyre shop. They carry both Goodyear and Dunlop. Dunlop Direzza is relatively new tyre. still quite expansive. I have seen any review from magazine yet? But GY F1 GS-D3 has a lot of good review and good socres in many car magazine comparasion both here and in europe. Not so sure about the retail price though.

Maybe members who have changed their 16's can post up their tyre model, and comparasion with original tyre and costs.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury
    wouldnt waste my time with the tyres you suggested...if you want a good performance tyre get the Dunlop SP Sport 9000 ..there a good bang for your buck...any jap tyre is shit..remember it depends how you drive

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by industrie
    wouldnt waste my time with the tyres you suggested...if you want a good performance tyre get the Dunlop SP Sport 9000 ..there a good bang for your buck...any jap tyre is shit..remember it depends how you drive
    The Dunlop SP Sport 9000's were the OEM tyre on my IS200 (215/45/17).
    I agree with you these tyres were great ( dry grip / wet grip / comfort / low noise ) but when the time came to replace those, every shop was asking $375-$400.
    I dont know whether it was because they were talking to a kid driving a Lexus or whatever else, but other reasons for the cost where "oh these are made in japan" or
    "these are now discontinued."

The Dunlop SP Sport 9000's last 43,000km while these Dunlop 2050M's wont go past 25,000km.

For those who are worried about the tyres only lasting 25,000km remember that i drive maybe 700km city/freeway driving and 300km of twisty thrashing
    almost on a weekly basis.

Still havent saved any money, so i'll post which tyres i end up going with in a few weeks.

Mano.
    2004 CL9 - SSR Professor MS1R/Federal 595 RS-R/Tein SS/Injen CAI/Whiteline RSB
    2006 FD1 - K&N Typhoon intake
    2012 Holden Commodore SV6 ute