Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    MY07 Accord Euro Lux!

Talking Replacement for OEM 16" Dunlop 2050E's Part II

Something that you don't realise and has come to mind guys which you should think about.

When it is time to change your OEM tyres remember to get a quite tyre! not something noisy as the euro as I,m sure you know is a quite car.

Just my personal advice.

YOKO V550 tyres are pretty slient and very grippy I have found had a set of them on my Alfa Romeo 147.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda CRV 2011
    didnt realise the oem 16 inch came with dunlops on them i thought bridgestones were, i find bridgestones are grippy but noisy

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    Hey Rev ! Why'd you start part II ? You could have capitalised on my typo "2050M's" when u started the thread J/P.

Anyways, arent those quiet Yokies expensive as ?! I'm also assuming a quiet/comfortable tyre for the big luxury sedans would
    sacrafice performance i.e dry/wet handling grip.

*Sorry i forgot that the euro isnt a sports/performance prioritied car, its just that in my mind when i think of tyres, whether they be elastic bands or fat 205/55/16's i think of grip.*

Mano.
    2004 CL9 - SSR Professor MS1R/Federal 595 RS-R/Tein SS/Injen CAI/Whiteline RSB
    2006 FD1 - K&N Typhoon intake
    2012 Holden Commodore SV6 ute

Member Array
    Car:
    forester xt
    The original Euro's had Michelin Pilot Preceda's fitted as OEM. They squeal a lot but a pretty grippy and a little noisey on the freeway.

From memory as a point of interest, when the Euro came second behind the RX8 for Wheels Car of the Year a little while back, the press car had Dunlops fitted instead of the then OEM Michelin's!!

Rod

Member Array
    Car:
    09Euro, 08CR-V
    Quote Originally Posted by jolt
    The original Euro's had Michelin Pilot Preceda's fitted as OEM. They squeal a lot but a pretty grippy and a little noisey on the freeway.

From memory as a point of interest, when the Euro came second behind the RX8 for Wheels Car of the Year a little while back, the press car had Dunlops fitted instead of the then OEM Michelin's!!

Rod
    Hi Rod, you are right.
    When I was purchasing my Euro back in sept 2003. Both Michelin Premicy (not preceda though) and Dunlop Sp2050 were fitted as OEM. However I saw more Dunlop than michelin fitted. Many they phased out the Michelins... I dont know... Maybe UNSL1 who works for Honda in Melb can tell us how many diffenrent tyres fitted on new Euros now a day.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    From what I know, the Premacy's had softer sidewalls compared to the Dunlop 2050m, so you feel the road less (good for comfort). But they were noisier because of the thread pattern. Handling-wise, the 2050m was better. How do the Precedas compare to the 2050m?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    09Euro, 08CR-V
    Michelin Precedasshould be a level higher than Dunlop 2050, despite its gentle tyre pattern. Precedas is more expansive than Premacy for sure.

Member Array
    Car:
    forester xt
    I think the Michelins cost more because they're Michelins, not necessarily because they're better!!

Rod

Member Array
    Car:
    09Euro, 08CR-V
    Hi Jolt (Rod), is yours got Premacy or preceda??

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    I like the dunlops, but the price is quite high for an entry level tyre. Can anyone list some general tyre price ranges for particular models of tyres?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9|NA6CE
    What tyres does the new factory 17" have?

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugoid
    What tyres does the new factory 17" have?
    B stone RE040 if I remember right from what I saw at the motor show.
    that's suppose to be a high end performance tyre for many OEM application including Z350 and R34 GTR.