Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast
    Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha

Honda Accord Euro (Dealer Warranty Repair List)

With the amount of problems we have creeping up in our rides. I was wondering if those who had problems and have taken it down to the dealer for warranty repairs, please state the problem and dealership and the state you are in where the car was repaired. If possible, state any information that you think might be relevant to the repairs.. Dealer replies and advices etc, your actions etc..What happened in the end etc, was it covered? Was there alot of trouble to get it repaired under warranty etc...

I think it would really help us Euro owners who haven't had the problems or starting to have problems to better deal with them..

CHEERS ALL
    Nick
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Problem: Driver's window scratched badly on delivery - only noticed by me after windows tinted one week later.

State: Vic - Oakleigh Honda

Issue: Honda dealer said it was caused by tinters (Tint Professor). Tint Professor said they never used anything sharp on the window. The dealer obtained second opinion (Tint a Car next door - they tint the dealer cars). The owner of Tint a Car said in front of me and the dealer - he sees scratched windows from the dealership all the time. He said it is very common for windows to be scratched from factory and the tint makes the scratch obvious. I was so happy to hear him say that.

Outcome: dealer replaced window free of charge.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Problem: Creaking clutch and a notchy feeling halfway down the clutch travel

State: NSW - Rick Damelian

Issue: The creak only comes after 20 minutes of driving. The first time, the dealer lubricated the clutch pedal spring. Problem came back after 1 month. The 2nd time, dealer replaced master cylinder. It has been 2 months and the clutch is still quiet. My 1-2 shift grinds less and I can get into 1st gear when the car is moving slowly now.

Outcome: Dealer replaced master cylinder under warranty after the lubrication did not work.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Problems: Scratched window tint & Creaking clutch

State: QLD - Austral Honda

Issue:
    Window got scratched both front windows, have told the dealer that the scratches occurs from lack of felt.

Creaking clutch as in hearing squeeks & feel pulsation through the clutch pedal has become noticably @8500km, become worse @13000km. Told the dealer & showed the dealer the service bulletin from Acura.

Outcome:
    Dealer replaced all 4 windows tints & add felt free of charge

Dealer replaced faulty master clutch cylinder free of charge
    BNR34 N1 spec
    QR Sprint - 57.79
    QR Clubman - 60.74
    QR National - 1:22.71

problems: Manual button to open boot stopped working. Wheel alignment? has been erhh bad :P

Dealer: Replaced the boot part and started working again, yet to see dealer for wheel thingi.

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Accord
    HAHAHA Euro I was woried about Heathcote!!!! glad my car is problem free woden spoon is yours!!!! j/k

Member Array
    Car:
    MY07 Accord Euro Lux!
    Problem: As of a few hours ago window tint on front passaneger side seems to have peeled off or been striped some how badly

State: NSW - Hornsby Honda

Issue: Rang dealership car had already been booked for a Oil Change @ 5000km so will look at the tint issue as well on Friday

Outcome: Yet to be found.........

Memory oF A PIMP'n Euro Array
    Car:
    Bavarian Motor Works
    Problem: Burnt Clutch

State: WA - Prestige Honda

Issue: Burnt clutch when it was raining real bad, had 4 passengers in the car, VSA turned off, and i gave the car a bit of a stick... Smell of burnt plastic fibres was evident and slipping of 1st & 2nd gears...

Outcome: Dealer replaced under warranty and gave a warning if the Clutch fails again it will be out of pocket expense...

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    Problem: Middle storage console not working properly + scratches to window tint (all 4 windows)

State: VIC - Travis Honda

Issue: The middle tray (small ones) comes up with the big storage. All window tints on all four doors have scratches.

Outcome: Dealer fixed the middle console, and replaced all window tints on doors for free.

Coming soon: Burnt clutch...
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Accord
    What do you guys ride the clutch????? im not having a go or anything, im just really amazed at the amount of clutch problems you seem to be having i wonder why its burning out so quick for a relative new car

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdogg
    What do you guys ride the clutch????? im not having a go or anything, im just really amazed at the amount of clutch problems you seem to be having i wonder why its burning out so quick for a relative new car
    I suspect that most of us have the master cylinder problem, some worse, some just barely noticeable and some just live with it. The master cylinder fault leads to premature clutch wear, as an owner in the US was told by the dealer there after having it repaired.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    95 Accord
    Cool as thanks for explaining