Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

power window goes up slow

Hi Guys,

Need some help to get my power window up quicker, it goes down like normal but when going up it goes really slow. I have tried some silicon spray on the edges but it didnt work, any other ways to fix this?

I really want to get it smooth before I burn the motor out.

Thanks!

MsVtiR - Now in the Riff! Array
    Car:
    97 Prelude Vtir
    My boyfriend has this WONDER spray. I am serious. He just sprays it around all the edges and within 2 or 3 goes it is back to normal speed, will get the name fr ya!!

Member Array
    Car:
    crx
    I've got the same problem, but only on occassions. Does yours do it all the time or just every now and then??? What kind of car is it?

Member Array
    Car:
    Ventura Bus Route
    seems as though a few have this problem. i am also in need of cure. if its raining, my door trim is fruggn soaked by the time my window goes up! i need LUBE!!

Member Array
    Car:
    EKFOUR, GSXR750
    My car did this when the battery wasnt charging properly, so make sure your cars got enuff juice to do it!

ps by juice i mean charge in the battery and a proply working alternator..

Member Array
    Car:
    Ventura Bus Route
    what if its only one side??

Member Array
    Car:
    EKFOUR, GSXR750
    then id say "juice" isnt your problem. Just take the interior panels off and take a look, and lube it proply. If its an older car it may be a screwed motor, aas its harder to put the window up...

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Corolla G
    Quote Originally Posted by jes87s
    My boyfriend has this WONDER spray. I am serious. He just sprays it around all the edges and within 2 or 3 goes it is back to normal speed, will get the name fr ya!!
    Can u bring some for me to use on friday jes!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    both front windows in my car were like that, when it rained they actually got stuck and i had to pull them up by hand along with the motor.

I got some silicone spray and sprayed it around all the rubber edges of the window frame that the windows slide in, i had to do this a couple of times and to be honest i made a mess but after putting the windows down and back up about 5 times they worked like new. this was months ago and they are still great.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTi-R
    ok sweet. i have the same problem. during rainy days it slows right down. also, sometimes during rainy days my central locking plays up.

MsVtiR - Now in the Riff! Array
    Car:
    97 Prelude Vtir
    Yeh it might just be silicone spray but I will definately beg my boyfriend to get my hands on his products ( ) and bring it for you Friday!!! For sure.......

But like mentioned, it takes a few times up and down to get it going, and then it's fine!!!! It fixed it after my car accident, although coming off the rails and forcing the window up and down scratched my tint. GODAMIT!

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW001
    Quote Originally Posted by Steer^Gimic
    what if its only one side??
    yeh same problem.. driver side... my side ... i thought cos the motor was dying...
    arrowz
    blz-arw001

OTO-KREW