Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

05 Euro Luxury Factory Suspension

Rang Honda today to find a price on 17inch rims as fitted to the new 05 Euro luxury, with the idea of putting them on an 04 model.

no dice - dealers have been told by Honda Australia not to fit them as they are "not compatible with 04 models due to revisions in suspension".

I couldn't find out the exact specs, but I did get a list of parts that were changed on the 05 model:

left and right upper front suspension arms
    front shocks
    front springs
    rear sway bars and bushes
    both rear control arms

I'm sure the official honda line is bullshit, especially given some of the rim sizes some of you are running without dramas. Anyway, it seems if you want 17s or larger on a 04 honda euro, go aftermarket!

JJ

ps - my brother is ordering his 05 lux in Graphite on Saturday.

what a load of crap from your dealer.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    That's BS. I read somewhere in this forum that someone was quoted $550 for each of the 17" rims. So you can get them.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda CRV 2011
    For $550 a rim u can get some bad ass looking after market ones instead with tyres
    Whatever they have done in the 05 model with the suspension revision turning circle sux now compared to the base model 05 and previous models b4

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    haha, thats hilarious! reminds me of the time i went to honda for an oil filter and asked for 5th gen prelude vti-r oil filter for my accord....he then said i needed to provide him with a vin number to access the honda computer data base, I had to explain to him that if i gave him the accord VIN that it would be no good to him as i had a prelude engine in it.

he then told me that i needed a prelude VIN and i replied that i couldnt give him that either.

This was ages ago and i think he ended up going and getting help from a more experienced staff member that had been there long enough to know what filters fit what engines etc.

moral to the story is- the parts boy at the counter doesnt always know as much as the title on his shirt says.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by as001
    Whatever they have done in the 05 model with the suspension revision turning circle sux now compared to the base model 05 and previous models b4
    Makes sense, because the tyres are wider, so they have to limit the amount that the wheels can turn, otherwise it will rub against the firewall.

aaronng,

as001 is talking about base model 05 VS base model 04

I thought they have the same 16" tyre & alloy combo.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Yup only the Luxo have the 17inch rims...
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by baboo
    aaronng,

as001 is talking about base model 05 VS base model 04

I thought they have the same 16" tyre & alloy combo.
    as001 said:
    "Whatever they have done in the 05 model with the suspension revision turning circle sux now compared to the base model 05 and previous models b4"

From this, I thought he was talking about the Lux 05 model.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 accord euro
    wait a few months for someone with an 2005 lux to get some aftermarket 18"s and keep your eye on the trading post, or place a 'wanted' post in here.
    Once someone has new wheels, the originals are not much use to them, and they should be happy with whatever they can get for them.
    Still, someone has some accord euro 16's + tyres in the trading post this week for $850, which is more than I would pay (if for some reason I wanted them) but you would probably find them open to an offer for much less.

Member Array
    Car:
    09Euro, 08CR-V
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjames
    Rang Honda today to find a price on 17inch rims as fitted to the new 05 Euro luxury, with the idea of putting them on an 04 model.

no dice - dealers have been told by Honda Australia not to fit them as they are "not compatible with 04 models due to revisions in suspension".
    Hi Jimmy, welcome to the forum.
    I was at Honda dealer yesterday test driving 05 Euro Lux.
    The dealer told me the similar thing as you stated above. He said the revised suspansion is to accommodate 17" better. So he keep stressing to me that I wont feel much of difference on ride quality between 05 model and older models.

And as for 05 Base model, I am not sure if Honda has made any suspansion change to it? If they did, then theoritically 05 base model with 16" will have softer ride...

Part department at Austral Honda (brisbane) quoted me $635 each for 17" rim (inc. GST)

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng
    Makes sense, because the tyres are wider, so they have to limit the amount that the wheels can turn, otherwise it will rub against the firewall.
    Nah - I have the 04 model with the exact same size 17" rims and tyres on the -05 lux. No rubbing at all.

I was actually told something different by my dealer - the suspension changes for 05 model were to make the ride softer as some people found the ride on the earlier models too harsh.