Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '07 Subaru Liberty GT-B

[Euro] - Ice ice baby - Comptech Icebox

how is the comptech ice box?

i've been thinking of getting one, i used to have a cai - a bit too loud for me nowadays - well not really.. just don't want my mum to hear me roar off when im around the house
    MY07 Subaru Liberty GT 2.5T B.Spec 6SPD MT | Satin White Pearl
    MY04 Honda Accord Euro Luxury 6SPD MT | Arctic Blue
    MY00 Chrysler Neon LE AT | Red Salsa

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by VirIIx
    how is the comptech ice box?

i've been thinking of getting one, i used to have a cai - a bit too loud for me nowadays - well not really.. just don't want my mum to hear me roar off when im around the house
    It sounds close to stock so it is very discrete. As for performance - I can't really comment - it would be better than stock but not as good as a full cold air intake such as the Injen or K&N typhoon. I imagine some of the gains would be from removing the restrictive resonator.

Peekay will be able to comment about performance - I am fairly sure he is happy with it. He has, however, upgraded the filter to something much better.

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    I think Peekay has it.
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Member Array
    Car:
    RD7
    Yspool has one, wrote a review on it..

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14077

although it was for his dc2..
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargeR
    Ozhonda mods don't sleep, they wait.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    The one for the DC2 is more detailed as it includes new metal piping and a full air box. The Euro one is a very simple product - very few parts - retains bottom part of stock box - replaces lid with larger piece and includes an airhorn that draws air in. Remove resonator. Add new filter. That is it.

http://www.comptechusa.com/store/330135.html

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz
    I am happy with it nice and quiet though you would get more from a pod filter in performance. I also changed the filter to an ITG panel filter which made quite a nice difference as well. If you want a reference site to purchase one let me know. It cost me $236 AUD shipped to Australia. The ITG filter retails for @ $150 but I think it is worth it and it fits. A mod (an internal plate) was required for the box though but I am sure the guy that sells these filters could lead you in the right direction if you want one. Overall I am very happy with the results after doing this. But if you want only to use the one supplied with the box still works ok.
    Red Honda Jazz Vti-S, Updated stereo, Subwoofer, Red Trim Kit, Sports Grille.

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 Subaru Liberty GT-B
    hey peekey,

it would be excellent if you could pm some info to me. why did you need to do a mod for an internal plate?
    MY07 Subaru Liberty GT 2.5T B.Spec 6SPD MT | Satin White Pearl
    MY04 Honda Accord Euro Luxury 6SPD MT | Arctic Blue
    MY00 Chrysler Neon LE AT | Red Salsa

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    I just got my Icebox delivered today - fitted friday. The quality of the plastics is better than I expected - everything is nice and smooth. Thanks to Nick for offering to help

The air box will be much larger and handle much more air. Also I was surprised to see the size of the airhorn which draws cold air from the fog light area - the opening is bigger than a CD! if that can't draw cold air in - nothing can.

Let you know how it goes.

I still love HONDA! Array
    Car:
    Black8
    That's it... it used Unifilter! I told you it didn't use comptech filter

let me know how it goes yfin. would love to see it in action.
    euro77 by Jimmy (toE)

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    That is the service kit (purchased separately)- not sure who makes the filter - I assumed it was Comptech

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Holy Moly! Look at the size of the airhorn inlet.. I'm holding a CD in my hands now and WOW! Looks much smaller in the CompTech site LOL!
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroAccord13
    Holy Moly! Look at the size of the airhorn inlet.. I'm holding a CD in my hands now and WOW! Looks much smaller in the CompTech site LOL!

Yeah - I was really shocked - it is friggen huge! It is also quite long so it should reach the fog light cover opening.