Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hi guys n guls
    pls leave comments n recommendation, i have a 96 accord, and was wondering what would be the best value for money, either to turbocharge the existing engine or to swap or to swap it for a h22a.
    Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Corolla G
    what engine you have?

If it were me and i had teh money I'd get the h22a . keep it NA .

its a f22b

best value... i would say the h22, keeping it na will stop insurance from bugging you... also creates more power than the current engine, and save you from making custom parts up for the turbo in the f22...
    フジタエンジニアリング

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Vti-S
    first of all, which model car do u have?

personally if u wanted to stay N/A, then go H22A, which will prob be cheaper and ur insurance shouldnt be too high.

but in all honesty, i think boost will give u more power gains, thats if u do the right setup and strengthen internals. however, it'll cost a fair bit and ur insurnce will suck balls.

its a 96 accord calvo

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    you'll be making more power boosted even with stock internals

keep in mind if you go h22a you'll need to find a 96+ half cut, you cant use an older engine. Not saying these are hard to find, just something to keep in mind.

The question is, do you want to go NA or FI? The h22a will cost you less, thats for sure. It'll also make less power. If its done right the first time you'll probably have very few problems with it.

The turbo option on stock internals will cost 3-4k more than the h22a. You'll have more power and a much, much better torque curve. Again if done right it shouldnt give you many problems, but there is the potential for something to go wrong in a big way (ie, destroy the engine)

Also depends on how much of the work you can do yourself. If you install the h22a yourself then its quite a cheap upgrade (a front cut can be had for 2-2.5k)

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Vti-S
    Quote Originally Posted by trippy
    its a 96 accord calvo
    yeh EXI? Vti?

Member Array
    Car:
    400HP cd5 Accord
    heya, when my car is finally done i'll tell u wat is really worth it.
    in my opinion start with the h22a, then when u've got money do the turbo. works out to be better that way

its a vti, thanks every1 for the suggestions, but unfortuantely i wouldnt have an space to do any of my own work so, i will have to get it all the work done in a workshop.

Member Array
    Car:
    datsun 200b
    yo trippy sup buddy??
    well.. get a H22a like i did.. then when u have cash...
    got turbo.. or go N/A :P
    either way u gonna have one hell of an accord

:P

Ken
    VTEC+Turbo=dirty underpants

Hey guys just wondering....How much in total (for those who have done it) does it cost to do a H22A transplant?.... so i have an idea on how much im saving..... and how quick do the cars get?... i have a 94 Exi...