Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    I recently got myself a '97 auto GSI.. and i don't want anything stupid, but i would like to make it go that lil bit quicker.

there's another thread about this, but i'm not technical in terms of bits n pieces.. so i had nfi what you guys were on about :P

I don't want to throw too much money at it - like getting a turbo, because being an auto, it's realistically a waste of time. But if i can put in a few little things that'd make it special..

For instance, i presume an exhaust'll free up a few extra kw's? (how noticeable though?) What about those powerchip gadgets they advertise? Or extractors, different tyres (running shit $70 yoko-somethings atm) .. hell, i don't even know half of it.

Anyway, if someones got an idea on an item, what it does and a rough cost.. it'd be very much appreciated. (or should i just dump it in a years time and do the VTIR thing?)

I/H/E = Intake (pod filter), Headers (extractors) and Exhaust system.

That is the best mod you could possibly do performance wise, the car will sound good and will definitely benefit powerwise from the mods.

Let us know where you are from as some guys might want to suggest workshops etc.

Good luck and welcome to Ozhonda.

Thanks still getting my avatar and everything up and running. I'm in Melbourne..

i've heard about the pod filters.. what do they do? And what do extractors do? Scuse the noob questions .. heh

Aftermarket pod filters help the engine breath better. You can actually get panel filters as well but DC2 Teg's have pod style filters. On a GSi you will definitely gain a few kw's but on a VTi-R for example people generally install pods for the induction sound.

Extractors help the engine breath better too. Aftermarket headers are generally bigger than the factory ones and flow better therefore giving you extra power.

With the exhaust system i'd recommend you go for a hi-flow cat as well as again if will help deliver that extra bit of power.

I wouldn't really waste too much money on a power chip though. They are fairly expensive and don't really deliver the large power gains they claim.

Sorry for the useless input but I reckon u should put a bodykit on the car first and then lower it.. that way the car will look fully SHICKKKK!!!

hah, i was thinking of lowering it, but i won't be able to get into my driveway. I'd like to see someone else with a lowered + bodykit (i presume the type r?) and see how it is first

so how much are pods/extractors ? Does it matter what kind ?

and the biggie - will justcar still insure me afterwards, if i've done engine mods?

i/h/e and maybe a set of 16' racing rims would do the job...
    フジタエンジニアリング

Member Array
    Car:
    was a DC4...
    Quote Originally Posted by imminent_
    and the biggie - will justcar still insure me afterwards, if i've done engine mods?
    i think insurance companies don't really care whether u whack an exhaust and shit on ur ride

they're more worried about whether ur car has any type of forced induction

Member Array
    Car:
    SLOCAR
    Justcars will insure you, its just a matter of how much you are willing to pay

hrmm..

so does anyone know a good place to start researching i/h/e ?

Member Array
    Car:
    SLOCAR
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forums/search.php

Best place to start my friend.. Do a search and read over what others have tried. Probably your best bet, unless you know a bunch of GSi owners hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    Umm.... this site? Click on the "search" button.. or look through past threads in the Integra or Technical sections....
    there have been a hell of alot of questions/answers. Good luck.

you might also want to check out www.team-integra.net ... best online resource for Integras IMO...

also www.honda-tech.com
    There's others such as Bseries.net, Superhonda etc etc

jon