Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R

Toda C on stock b18c7

hey guys,

i was wondering after doing a search i found most ppl are running toda b's and not many run toda c cams. Would spec c cams make any more power if tuned on a type r as compared to toda b cams? Or will it just be too much for the stock motor? Also the guys that answer can you give reasons why the cams are good/no good for the car cheers.

you you have a stock B18C7 and the first thing you are going to add is toda C's?

you thought of upgrading exhaust manifold etc?

you would need a full aftermarket ECU to tune Toda C's too i'd reckon...

the engine is an interactive system - one part does not make it, it is the combination of parts that is the key...
    B20VTEC - since 2002

I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell
    the engine is an interactive system - one part does not make it, it is the combination of parts that is the key...
    That quote should be made a bookmark. I keep telling people the same thing

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    Fact: Stock ITR does not have enough dynamic compression for those cams to work.

Fact: Stock ITR does not have the correct valvetrain springs/retainers to take advantage of the power band of those cams.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    sorry guys i didnt explain myself too clearly.. i meant stock internals, assuming exhaust/headers/intake/ecu is installed. But proecu answered what i wanted to know
    Fact: Stock ITR does not have enough dynamic compression for those cams to work.
    i was looking for more reasoning as to why noone was running toda c's on their car.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9
    you'll need 12.5:1 compression at least to run those cams nicely...
    and alot of work to the head...C's are mostly for Track usage...i reckon B's should be good enough, if you're going for drags...

you also need to consider FLOW...port and polish, uprater Valve Springs, TI-retainers, ADJ cam pulley, bigger TB + matching flow with intake...head-gasket...don't go for C's dude...too much money involve...

I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited
    Im assuming Adrian from TODA hasnt responded here is because he has said all that countless times in previous posts.

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

Member Array
    Car:
    Golf GTI
    i read somewhere that toda c vtec engagment come in at 7000rpm? true or false?

VTEC engages when the ECU tells it to.
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EGB16A
    i read somewhere that toda c vtec engagment come in at 7000rpm? true or false?
    7000rpm is about the optimal vtec x-over point for those cams and they'll keep making power to about 9500+ rpm

Member Array
    Car:
    Golf GTI
    Quote Originally Posted by ProECU
    7000rpm is about the optimal vtec x-over point for those cams and they'll keep making power to about 9500+ rpm
    that would suck waiting till 7000rpm lol... i guess the cams are designed to make more power throughout the whole rev range though.

does skunk2 have an equivilent to toda C?

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic Type R
    Im assuming Adrian from TODA hasnt responded here is because he has said all that countless times in previous posts.
    Why would he waste his time no one takes any notice of anyone that knows anything and gives honest advice from years of experience.They just take advice from Neville Nobody.
    ALLMTR996