Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige

Spoon caliper HELP~

just got a question in regards to the spoon monoblocks for those who have it on their cars...

Me and a friend have just finished installing the spoon calipers onto my S2K and i have noticed a drastic change in pedal feel. It actually feels much softer than the stock setup!?! is this suppose to be the way it is? As i was under the impression that the spoon calipers would actually make the pedal much stiffer and concerned that there could be a problem. I have bleed the brakes accordingly and the brakes bite quite good just that the pedal feel is much softer. So the question is, is this how its suppose to feel or otherwise??

Member Array
    Car:
    05 S2000
    The pedal feel is more than likely got to do with the brake master cylinder. On the s2k's its very typical of that soft spoungy feel, just get a cusco brake master cylinder and it will cure that problem right away. Should cost about $150.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    150 for a master cylinder??? Are you sure man?

Member Array
    Car:
    05 S2000
    Give or take $50
    Its just an aproximate.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    il look into it...

but are u refferring to the brake stopper which goes onto the master cylinder or the whole unit itself? cus i thought a master cylinder would cost shitloads..

Member Array
    Car:
    05 S2000
    Yeah the brake stoper, it just stops the cylinder from moving forward so much under heavy braking. It ataches to the right suspension chassis thing.

Member Array
    Car:
    Tanaka Horushi - Z
    brake stopper would have fark'n jack didly to do with your pedal feel, unless your suggesting that when he presses on the pedal the firewalls give way around about +5mm flex.

Fly (sorry bro forgot your name) because you've gone from a single piston to a assume a 4 piston caliper your standard brake booster is not big enough to apply enough pressure to the 4pot to give you what was a stiff braking feel.

I have no idea what aftermarket products you can buy to fix this but braided lines would be a start.

What was the sequence in bleeding the capilers in the instructions?

Did you go from furthest rear brake first? then work towards the front spoon brakes?

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    i just did the 2 fronts....This was suggested by my mechanics as we clamped the cables so it wouldnt leak and fluid. I was recommended to get an upgraded master cylinder BUT that is the last option as i have seen wilwood units go well over 1k.

btw my name is John man

you would only really experience a spongey brake feel when u have boiled ur fluid right?
    mine has been boiled since last time i did a track day and it feels like shit
    try brake stopper and braided lines too

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    boiled? no i put in new fluid...i will try to bleed the brakes again so see if there is any difference *sigh*

Member Array
    Car:
    05 S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by MKI4EVA
    brake stopper would have fark'n jack didly to do with your pedal feel, unless your suggesting that when he presses on the pedal the firewalls give way around about +5mm flex.

Fly (sorry bro forgot your name) because you've gone from a single piston to a assume a 4 piston caliper your standard brake booster is not big enough to apply enough pressure to the 4pot to give you what was a stiff braking feel.

I have no idea what aftermarket products you can buy to fix this but braided lines would be a start.

What was the sequence in bleeding the capilers in the instructions?

Did you go from furthest rear brake first? then work towards the front spoon brakes?
    As a matter of fact brake stoper does exactly that job, which is to give you that firm brake feel. You should try it yourself first and then put a post up. If I say that it will help someone from having (in this case) brake feel, then ive actualy tryed it and know for a fact.

Fly: you would rather exhaust the cheapest solutions first, get the brake stoper, trust me it will solve your brake feel problem. Thats all that the brake stoper does, it stops the brake cylinder from moving forward under hard braking, which causes that spoungeness.

get the brake aster cylinder stopper JOHN!!!! it should solve the problem!!!!