Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    A fellow forum member and a friend of mine is thinking about buying the following car off a friend. what do u guys reckon? should he buy it?

93 Honda Civic GL

pros:
    B18C engine with front brake conversion from a vtir integra
    new metallic black paint with a gold pearl
    gold 17' neo lenso rims
    full body kit including sideskirts, front and rear bar. (not too outrageous,
    looks subtle. really nice and clean)
    crx bucket seats
    full 2.5' exhaust
    4-2-1 headers
    pod filter
    microtech + controller
    gold 17' neo lenso rims
    alarm system with window lifters, engine warmer.
    black window tints

cons:
    rear drum brakes
    no air conditioning unit
    the interior was a mess, dodgy green colour painted terribly on roof and all plastic moulding

the engine has travelled under 80k kms
    odometer reads 160k km.

the price... cheap as dirt $12,000

this is his situation:
    He has little driving experience and is worried that if he damages the car he wont b able to pay the repair bills.
    comprehensive insurance is out of the question as its unreasonable priced.
    having no a/c really bugs him. and doesnt want to pay too much to get one installed.
    If he doesnt get this car, he will most likely get an Si civic or an Si prelude to the value of 10k anyway.

i reckon this is a heaps good deal.
    taking into account he can source interior parts for very cheap.

and would any1 know how much an a/c unit costs to install?

friewnd did his for 500 bucks

When I bought my teg I was contemplating whether to get a type r or vtir, I was positive I wanted a/c and a sunroof so I went vtir. I don't even use a/c, since these jap cars have little torque, slows them down quite significantly so I hardly use a/c. Sunroof on the otherhand I use even at night

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Corolla G
    Is he gonan use the car as a daily driver?

If so just get the Civic Si, i think teh civic b18 will cost more to maintain than the other cars.

Also is this your friends first car? I wouldnt suggest to get a car thats got a swap till he learns more about it.

JDM Array
    Car:
    Starlet ATM
    I would rather buy a nice Civic Si over that GL. My 2 cents

its not a bad deal but make sure ur mate knows that theres going to be minro probs with it, that will start to shit him up the wall in the long run

Member Array
    Car:
    SLOCAR
    Get a slow car for your first car. You will thank yourself (and your wallet) later.

Fast cars are expensive to run usually and if u typically have a fast car its usually gotta look good too. so if you're at the shops and its get hit its far more expensive than mummy's Datsun

500? really? thats heaps good. where abouts did your friend get it done?

Yeah, he will be using the car to get to and from work.

Its also his first car.

I would have thought that a dohc vtec engine would have been better in the long run as it could handle much more of a beating than the d16 from a si. And as we have friends with all fast hondaz, the car will get an occasional beating.
    I sorta just see this car as a really fast integra in a nice looking civic shell

Maintenence wise mechanically, what would b the difference between this car and a vtir integra?

My friend is also a wannabe ricer + racer. haha
    so if he was to get an si civic, he'd be thrashing the shit outta it! and he'd prolly get wheels and springs which will bring the total spending price to close to that of this civic.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra turbo
    if im not wrong, i fnk thats civics sold alreadi
    i fink ive got the right one =)

oh really?
    well thats wat he gets for being an indecisive procrastinatin kunt..
    watta shame.
    do u know the new owner?
    call him out for a few runs hehehe

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    is it auto or manual...?

you could always install the ac later, and re-paint the interior... rear drums arnt that much of a problem either... plenty of stock cars running around with them lol... look at the pro's list compared to the cons list.... neg a bit and youll prob get the price down a lil more as well not a bad deal overall though.
    フジタエンジニアリング