Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: air tools

air tools

looking at getting some tools (or atleast an air ratchet)

what are some good brands people have had experiences with..

what should i avoid?

and how much..

i bought a HITACHI 14.4volt 1/2 inch drive electric ratchet gun. Great investment - as strong as a decent air setup and compact.

But , you will save up for a good aircompressor + accessories if you want versitility. You can have a air ratchet , air pump , spraying booth , fluid drainer/sprayer etc etc etc all in one tool ( if you spend the extra cash!)

how much the hitachi set you back

$500?

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Snap on IMO would be the best, last forever.

SP is a great brand for cheeper air tools

Motor Mate have a good range of air tools.

have a chicago pneumatic rattle gun. cost a heap but has lasted 2 years of abuse

Quote Originally Posted by michael_antoi
    how much the hitachi set you back

$500?
    $500 yes. Great for everything bar the toughest bolts that might need repetition and would probably burnout the motor.

you asked about air tools - and i agree with ECU MAN etc. Pay a pretty amount for Snap-on etc , or simply borrow someone elses. IMO its not worth at all , spending cheap on a air too setup.

i sell tools for a living and chicago pneumatic is good quilty the other one i recomend for a rattle gun is sidchrome or kinchrome rattle gun good product resonable priced.

how much is a reasonable price?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda CRX Drag Cars
    I have bought heaps of snap on air tools over the years and i have found that their quality isn't as good as what it used to be, alot of their air tools are made in china and taiwan. Their hand tools rock though. just buy the cheapies, i use them all day everyday and don't have issues.. I have about half dozen snap on air tools sitting here broken.
    PRO FWD 9.07@161.48 FWD.. 04
    ALLMOTOR 10.83@123.23 NA FWD 05

so the cheap stuff from repco will serve me fine for a little while u reckon?

Quote Originally Posted by michael_antoi
    so the cheap stuff from repco will serve me fine for a little while u reckon?
    yes for alittle while. You want bigger CFM and better quality tho to prevent the compressor "compressing" every 2 minutes of use.
    Also factor in that you need to maintain a air compressor and its tools with oil , petrol and other lube etc..

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin
    i bought a HITACHI 14.4volt 1/2 inch drive electric ratchet gun. Great investment - as strong as a decent air setup and compact.
    How can you say that.............you haven't even taken out an axle nut yet
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq