Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: fuel economy???

all the boys with a vtir civic said they get about 450-500km from a tank of fuel. answer me this why does an EG civic hatch with the b16a swap use less fuel. its sitting on 420km and the needle is just below half. im pretty sure is got a piggy back system. can some shed some light on this. James maybe, cos i think its all in the tuning

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    dunno if anyone else has noticed but the EG fuel gagues go up and down like a yoyo. It might also have something to do with the way they drive and the way you've been driving. the EG's are lighter and yeah with that ECU you wouldn't requie as much power to get going. less throttle input less consumption for the same results??? dunno thats how it works with planes.

i can tell you my mate just got that car, so i know he has been decking it since he got it. the fuel gauge on the ek move like a yoyo at well

Member Array
    Car:
    SLOCAR
    the EG weigh's less than your EK. and most B16 conversions done into an EG will have meant that the engine will be checked over thoroughly. Meaning that there would be no point in putting in a knackered engine. Usually this means your engine can do a few more k's to the tank. I know my falcon certainly can do more than the norm. for its age on LPG (Could be because the head was reco'ed and shaved after I cracked it ROFL) :dance: <-- ahh he r0x

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    speaking of fuel I had to piss myself tonight on the MCCR cruise... when all the FPV fords and SS comos had to stop for fuel half way round and i was still on my $10 (at $105.7 per lt :O) hahaha suckers. Idiots just sat at every set of lights reving the crap out of there cars... looked kool though coz the torque was rocking the car nicly... something rarly seen in a honda

i was at GPs today and charli said theres a fuel saver on the car. its looks like a silver cigar tube thats connected to the fule line just before the fuel rail. il try to take a pic and post it. 600km from a tank. im definately getting one.

ive been getting 400km from my tank then the light comes on...

will have to try changing my fuel filter =\

Member Array
    yeah i notice on my eg that the fuel pin moves up and down too, its annoying cos i dunno exactly how much fuel is left, so im too paranoid bout pushing till the light goes on. so ppl with egs get 500km out of their tanks?? the most i've got is like 410 and the light didn't go on

Anyone post some figures for an EK? Ive been getting between 380-430. (Only filled up 3 times )

But its kinda weird coz ive filled the car making it overflow twice thinking that im filling my berlina where after the click it can take a bit more. The civic wont take anymore after 2 clicks, starts overflowing.

Ive heard/read that i should be getting 500km easy, is this true ?

Another thing ive noticed is that between 2nd/3rd gear change (auto car) its a kind of a jerk like a bad manual gear change. Its not 'really' that bad but i have noticed it. Is this normal also ?

ROKAGESAMA Array
    Car:
    2009 Lexus ISF
    i get 550-600 in my car
    Team Bacchus Racing Lexus ISF
    Bacchus Energy drink
    Drive your Energy

Member Array
    500 - 550 in my EK.

i put in the "student special" ($15.00 of 98 octane ) and it usually gets me about 150-200k's.... which is about 500 a tank i guess.

Which is quite strange tho....i drive like a grandma nowdays and the needle fluctuates like a crazy thing - i start the car in the morning with 1/2 a tank (on level ground too) - then after about 15misn in traffic on the way to college - down to about 1/4. Pfft.