Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    hey all...wondering what your opinons are on what civic to get.

as im looking to buy a slightly modded civic quite shortly (trying to keep insurance down), and i had my heart set on an EG sedan (lowered on 17's, stereo, tints etc.) but driving past the carpark yesterday a silver EK hatch caught my eye, and now im leaning towards that, thinking well maybe the EG is getting a bit old now (no offence to any EG owners out there, I love those cars) but maybe something newer would be better, like a 96 or 97 Cxi or Gli, or VTi if the budget stretches...but just wondering what the power is like on the cxi/gli version, i heard there only 88kw...wondering if this is gonna leave me feeling empty hearted as I got a 92 pulsar atm and its 105kw supposbly...

but what am tryin to ask is, which would you choose if you had a choice, and why...EK or EG, what u rekkkon ayyyy?

thnx

EG for me thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra turbo
    EK vtir for me

umm can i get some reason why u choose what ya choose, as dont want it to end up like a poll...need some pros n cons to decide which model to get..ta

cxi/gli ek's use the d16y4 - sohc 1.6 non-vtec.... 88kw flywheel stock... and yeh its going to be slower than the pulsar... if you go up to the vti model then you will have a d16y8 i think which is a sohc vtec about 96kw... i've currently got the 88kw version with zorst, cai and extractors... there has been a slight gain over stock, tad more responsive... alright for daily driving i guess... depends what you need the car for... something like a eg vti would give you more power and at a lower cost than a ek vti. vti-r by all means would be the most powerful but it might blow your budget... cosmetic wise both look very good i think, imo i would prefer the interior of an ek though.

just my 2c.
    フジタエンジニアリング

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra turbo
    wats ur budget?
    well if u wanna spend around 15k -16k u can get a decent Ek vtir

CXI and GLI are basically d same..
    go look in the sticky section.

yeh i like the EK interior better too yeh...

well i should point out budget about 13g's and well its going to be used for daily driving, not a speed freak just looking for sumthing with moderate performance (dont wanna get caught with something gutless) and well my factors for buying is...1st looks, 2nd reliablity 3rd performance...

keep the comments commin

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra turbo
    i reckon the EK looks better.

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Neither - get an EF instead

Ok - I'll stop being biased - I just think it's a prettier car

EM VTiR coupe would be my choice.

I certainly wouldn't get a CXi etc - B16A powered is your best option - unless you find a EG6 SiR - there are one or two around.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Quote Originally Posted by Setanta
    Neither - get an EF instead

Ok - I'll stop being biased - I just think it's a prettier car

EM VTiR coupe would be my choice.

I certainly wouldn't get a CXi etc - B16A powered is your best option - unless you find a EG6 SiR - there are one or two around.
    you mean EK don't you pete

EM is 3rd gen.

For that amount of money I would look for a EG SI. You would be hard finding a EK VTIR for that price.

Oh...and insurance for an EG is a killer!! a bit better for an EK.
    blah blah blah

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Ummm... check your alphabet Q EM does not come before EF, EG, EK etc :P EM is the US designation for the Si/VTiR coupe (unless I'm going senile - I just got home from HSC marking).

3rd gens were under the ED designation (you posted this a while back ) and run an EW motor - just to confuse the issue.
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

my EK is forsale for 17k with stock rims
    i need vtak!!