Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

best exhaust for vtec nosie?

hi guys im just wondering if any knows whats a good brand exhaust system to get, to actually hear the vtec kick in. wat i mean is clearly hear the difference

i was considering a buddy club spec 2 but im scared about the noise it produces, cause i've seen the amount of noise these things can produce

Depends what you mean by hearing VTEC cut in. As far as exhaust noise is concerned you will always hear VTEC no matter what exhaust you get. If you are after hearing the engine more than the exhaust, try something quiet like Fujitsubo. If you really want to know when VTEC cuts in, a Buddy Club exhaust will really let you know you are in VTEC

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    Just make sure you get the Spec 3 for added noise!

so the buddy club spec 3 is actually louder then a spec 2?
    i was also considering a spoon n1?
    has any here fitted on with one of these

Quote Originally Posted by mike_cheung
    hi guys im just wondering if any knows whats a good brand exhaust system to get, to actually hear the vtec kick in. wat i mean is clearly hear the difference

i was considering a buddy club spec 2 but im scared about the noise it produces, cause i've seen the amount of noise these things can produce
    Do you want to hear the engine or do you want to hear a lot of noise? Cause if you get an exhaust system you will get a lot of noise. The BuddyClub Spec 3 is way louder than the Spec 2 cause i've heard both and the Spec 3 is definitely louder. And as everyone will tell you, it's DAMN LOUD.

IMO the N1 looks and sounds nicer. You will still turn heads but it won't be as loud when you are driving around.

If you want to hear your VTEC just get a pod. One of the reasons i never put an exhaust on my DC2 was because of the noise factor. The sound of induction is so much better.

I've had both the Spoon N1 and BC3, and there is a noticeable difference in noise and performance between the two; BC3 is louder and has a noticeable performance increase, whereas Spoon N1 is just more for sound.

so for preformance you would be better with the buddy club right?
    and the spoon n1 would be better for the vtec high pitch noise?

cause i saw this dc5 that was next to me the other day and you can hear his vtec kickin like no tomorro, just wondering what the guy did to get the sound, and also im after a exhuast system

Performance and high pitch race-car sound go Buddy Club.

Spoon N1 produces a nicer sound from the outside though, Buddy Club sounds nicer inside.

If you plan to upgrade your header, I suggest you look at something other than BC3. While the noise is truly amazing, your ears will hurt after every drive.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_cheung
    so for preformance you would be better with the buddy club right?
    and the spoon n1 would be better for the vtec high pitch noise?

cause i saw this dc5 that was next to me the other day and you can hear his vtec kickin like no tomorro, just wondering what the guy did to get the sound, and also im after a exhuast system
    The guy probably had the full I/H/E. It isn't hard to get a Honda loud and if you want to hear VTEC just get a full straight through exhaust system with headers and hi-flow cat.

Be prepared to be hassled by cops though.

Here is a video of my car on the dyno with Buddy Club Spec 3 and Toda header. The video does not really show how loud the exhaust is, in real life it was pretty loud lol.

Right Click and Save As

Quote Originally Posted by Jim80y
    Here is a video of my car on the dyno with Buddy Club Spec 3 and Toda header. The video does not really show how loud the exhaust is, in real life it was pretty loud lol.

Right Click and Save As
    That's loud.

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    that sounds WICKED!!!! somehow i cant seem to notice the vtec kick in that much? Maybe I am just stupid!