Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    how fast does it do 0-100 in seconds. and i dont know if i should buy it but it looks great. The only reason im hesitating is because of the small v4 engine. its got great fuel economy but i was looks for some thing sporty. i was leaning towards the fords and holdens but i dont like them. but they do have lots of torque and KW of power though which was the only reason. Is the euro practical meaning its goes hard and handles good and performance. Please can you guys provide me with some info because i really need advice.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY05 Subaru WRX
    I think it does about low 8s for 0-100 dash.
    Not sure, but I think I saw the figure somewhere.
    You are talking about the Euro, right?
    If it's the other Accord you are talking about, my guess is it will be slower than Euro.
    Falcon and Commodore do have powerful engine but they are very heavy compared to Euro. I don't know the exact figures because I have absolutely no interest in either Falcon and Commodore, but I'm pretty sure the lower end models won't be very quick off the line due to the weight.

Disabled Array
    Car:
    Type-MO
    I thought euros were like 1400kg? Is that even light? :P

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    Fact is if you want a good car get a Honda. Want a car that every second person in Oz has, then get the Ford/Holden. If you are after sheer HP then dont get the euro, if you are after a stylish car that oozes class, then the euro is for you. I know which I would be choosing

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Quote Originally Posted by Javed
    Fact is if you want a good car get a Honda. Want a car that every second person in Oz has, then get the Ford/Holden. If you are after sheer HP then dont get the euro, if you are after a stylish car that oozes class, then the euro is for you. I know which I would be choosing

And luxury added for that price too!

Not to mention the extra poke of vrooom vroom when u need it...

Euro is branded one of the best cars Honda came out with too..

CHEERS
    Nick
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

hmm ... how much power does one need on suburban roads ... matter of fact even highway driving ...

140kw seems plenty for me ... sporty actually i've seen 0-100 times of 7.9 7.7 in some mags ... not huge .. but u know ok ...

beautiful styling ... excellent build quality ... brilliant overall finish ...

and rated as one of the best honda built cars in years

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    If you get the standard trim 6mt it is quick enough for most people.

These guys in NZ got 7.6 seconds to 100kms. It is the same model we get here in terms of weight, rim size, etc.

http://motoring.nzoom.com/motoring_d...88-390,00.html

Say after 20,000 kms - I think 7.5 seconds to 100ks is achievable. My car has 5000kms and it feels like it is getting faster every week.

Highway power is also good - 80-120 in 3rd gear is surprisingly quick!
    Last edited by yfin; 27-01-2007 at 01:58 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    96 JDM Legend 'Exclusive'
    The Accord Euro specs are:

Manual Weight - 1395kg
    Auto Euro - 1430kg
    Auto Euro-L - 1470kg

Power - 140kw

The Accord V6 specs are:
    Weight - 1510kg

Power - 177kw

The Falcon specs are:
    V6 weight - 1694kg
    V8 - 1745kg

V6 Power - 156/182/240kw
    V8 Power - 220/260

The Commodore specs are:
    V6 weight - 1549-1640kg
    V8 weight - 1638-1658kg

V6 power - 152/171kw
    V8 power - 245kw

Raz

the euro was made to be a sportish sedan.... as much as a luxury car you think it is
    フジタエンジニアリング

does the front wheel drive make it a problem for bumby holey roads? acceleration doesnt sound bad though. would you guys reccomend any other cars in the same price range?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by Faiz
    does the front wheel drive make it a problem for bumby holey roads? acceleration doesnt sound bad though. would you guys reccomend any other cars in the same price range?
    Q1 - No.

Q2 - There are plenty of good cars out there. Go out and drive them. I tested lots of cars in the $30-40k price range. Mazda 6, Subaru Liberty, etc. The Euro was the best of the lot by a country mile... Get off the forums - go down to a Honda dealership - and take a 6MT Euro for a long drive.

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    Quote Originally Posted by yfin
    I tested lots of cars in the $30-40k price range. Mazda 6, Subaru Liberty, etc. The Euro was the best of the lot by a country mile... Get off the forums - go down to a Honda dealership - and take a 6MT Euro for a long drive.
    The Mazda 6 has got the worst shifter among the cars I tested.. Even the Mazda 3's shifter felt better... Listen to da maan! Go to Honda and secure yourself a Euro

CHEERS
    Nick
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru