Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Is this aussie brand any good?

They have a replica of the Mugen Twin Loop exhaust which I'm interested in. Price, of course, is heaps cheaper than the real thing.

Advice appreciated.

SiR.

they sound alright to me, theres only one way to find out :lol:
    フジタエンジニアリング

ill be honet and say i have heard mixed opinions about them. but to me the products LOOK good enough to me and i've heard the titanium items are fairly good.

ps i don't think it's an Australian company.

I'll have to make sure the exhaust I'm looking at is titanium then

I'm pretty sure it's Aussie cos the guy at the shop was telling me that it's aussie made. He could be sh*tting me, but I'll take his word for it..

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    im also interested in the titanium one,,,is there a link somewhere for a

clip of how loud it is? That would be really good

apparently, it's not that loud - well, at least the one that I'm after. Not a fan of loud exhausts.

what is the range of the exhaust system?? i mean, is it cat back or does it include headers too?

how mcuh are these x-force things?? i like the burnt tip look ...

Member Array
    Car:
    baron
    do all the expencive brands make that much of a difference, I mean excluding the mugan loop style of cource, but even still does extending the exhaust achive much more performance over say a $160 2 1/4 cat back system? In what way does Titanium tubing aid in air flow?

This is a serious post cos I wanna know if its worth paying the extra money for the top brand stuff.

As with most things in life, you do get what you pay for to a certain extent. In this case, brand names such as Mugen obviously provides quality of the highest standard in its products. Whether paying around $1600 for a mugen exhaust compared with $500 for something else is hard to justify.

Member Array
    Car:
    SIR
    I had looked at a xforce 4-2-1 header before and IMO the quality is far far away from the Jap made header. But u get what u pay for, the price is half of what the Jap brand cost. xforce is not aussie brand it is called obx racing in the us. but the guy that selling it said that they were made in Japan, but that could be sales tatics.

I did not see the mugen replica but those titanium n1 mufflers are not bad and pretty good price too.

The Mugen Twin Loop replica that I had a look at was just an axle-back. I don't think it was a cat-back. Price was around $350.

Quote Originally Posted by SiR
    As with most things in life, you do get what you pay for to a certain extent. In this case, brand names such as Mugen obviously provides quality of the highest standard in its products. Whether paying around $1600 for a mugen exhaust compared with $500 for something else is hard to justify.
    If you're talking about comparing Australian brand headers (eg Genie) to something like say Spoon or Mugen, then believe me, the difference in price is justifiable!!! Companies such as Spoon, Mugen, Toda, DC sports, HyTech, SMSP just to name a few, fork out millions of dollars each year on their R&D and the results definitely do speak for themselves. As far as headers are concerned, it is well documented that changing the existing exhaust system on a Honda may actually detune your honda, however if done correctly with the right products, it will actually give u a healthy gain in HP!

In my opinion, the best header for B series honda engines are HyTech headers. The quality is of exceptional standard and the design is close to perfect! The results will see at least a 10% increase in power through-out the rev-range.

Here is a picture of the HyTech header

The picture does not do the item justice, but i believe this brand offers the best header for hondas on the market today.

Here is a dynosheet giving the comparison between a stock ITR, then the same ITR fitted with a set of 4-2-1 HyTech headers. Check out the improvements!!

Other worthy contenders are
    Jun

and of course Spoon-sport..

I really can go on forever about headers and which brands make me all jump at the mention of their names, but i don't want to bore you guys.
    But i will say this, as much as I love to support the domestic industry, when it comes to gaining performance out of your honda, don't fool yourself with aussie stuff, go for the higher quality manufacturers that I have mentioned in this post. Not only will you gain a healthy improvment in HP, but u can rest assured know you have purchased high quality items that will last the tests of time.

edited by vti-2: fixed img links