Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    1999 EK Civic GLi HB
    Alright, I am currently not happy with the amount and quality of light that the stcok headlights in my EK provide. I am having trouble seeing clearly at night, and especially when it is wet like it was tonight. Anywho, I am not interested in looks and all that, I want to know what is available to me, like HID lights or whatever they're called. I want new globes, foglights - the works if needs be. I would like to know, what you guys reckon I should get, what brands and how much am I looking at?

I saw these on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....%3AIT&rd=1

Hmmm... thinking looks dodgy. I have no knowledge about this area, so if you guys could stear me in the right direction - that'd be just f*cking fantastic! :P

Member Array
    have u tried those bright white bulbs.. they work abit... cost 40$ a pair!

correct me if im wrong but i think u can adjust the lights to "point" up abit cant u?.. try that

Disabled Array
    Car:
    Type-MO
    Quote Originally Posted by skoota
    Alright, I am currently not happy with the amount and quality of light that the stcok headlights in my EK provide. I am having trouble seeing clearly at night, and especially when it is wet like it was tonight. Anywho, I am not interested in looks and all that, I want to know what is available to me, like HID lights or whatever they're called. I want new globes, foglights - the works if needs be. I would like to know, what you guys reckon I should get, what brands and how much am I looking at?

I saw these on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....%3AIT&rd=1

Hmmm... thinking looks dodgy. I have no knowledge about this area, so if you guys could stear me in the right direction - that'd be just f*cking fantastic! :P
    I agree with the stock EK headlights being a POS! I have to use high beam to find my street :x

Member Array
    There are screws at the back which adjusts the tilt of the bulb. Just fiddle around with them with the lights on the wall. The screws face upwards.

Disabled Array
    Car:
    Type-MO
    mine's on highest...still can't see sh!te lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Civic Coupe,99 CBR250R
    I bought a similar pair of those headlights for $50, on the packet it said that the lights were as bright as HID, which of course excited me.

After installing it, I was really disappointed on what I was expecting. Sure it was brighter but there wasn't much difference at all. I guess the packet gave me a false impression on what I was about to purchase,

I woudn't expect too much from those globes.

Member Array
    Car:
    Fridge
    just a suggestion.
    The stock EK headlights are 55/60 H4 bulbs.
    while changing to some PIAA bulbs of the same wattage "claim" that the beam will be brighter, I found that they were pretty much the same, or weaker.

what I used to do was use PIAA H4 80/80 watt bulbs, and they were really good, the high beam was really bright too.
    but then I found when I lowered the car, it wouldnt light up as far anymore.

yuo dont have to buy PIAA ones, cos they dont last that long, but buy a good quality bulb, like Phillips, Bosch or any of the more expensive japanese ones. dont buy the $40 or $50 ones from the local autostore.
    and also dont go over 80/80 w

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    I'm currently using Polarg globes. The best aftermarket globes so far for meee...!

Not cheap, but I guess they're better than cheaper brands like MTEC which I've used be4.

When driving at night in da rain da MTEC's were really hard to see through da rain! I've given up on da cheap $50 headlight globes!

:arrow: Nothing beats a Stock Halogen headlight globe when usin da high beam! :nod:
    TEAMDaiGah
    REDSUN Performance: 98970889

i think phillips does the job quite well.....
    フジタエンジニアリング

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 EK Civic GLi HB
    Thanks heaps guys. What are your thoughts when it comes to foglights?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Fog lights are good when used in da right situation.

Under the law if u use fog lights in da wrong situation then if a Cop see's u then u'll most probably get a fine!

Just be careful when u use fog lights!
    TEAMDaiGah
    REDSUN Performance: 98970889

Member Array
    Car:
    1999 EK Civic GLi HB
    What exactly are the right situations? Most cars, well new ones, come with foglights and i see ppl using then all the time. Is it just like using your high beams? Can't use them when there is oncoming traffic??