Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra turbo
    it was hard to take off, but i wouldnt recommend u to take it off, if ur not replacin it with another wing. since d wing has been on there for like so long theres marks on the boot u cant rub off.
    for me i got another spoiler so its okai, but my rear break lights on my windscreen aint workin now, i dunno why, must b d wires i clipped.
    There will b 3 holes on one side and 2 on d other side, the third hole is for the break light wires. =)

Winner! Array
    Car:
    dc2
    i had a go last night at taking the spoiler off, just to see.

came off fine. used an allan (???) key to unscrew the four screw things.

and the spoiler was still stuck down with this rubber sort sealent glue stuff.

wasnt hard by ANY means to encourage the spoiler off, just sounded like masking , or packaging tape being pulled off something. i looked and the black sealent stuff seems to be be able to be rubbed off quite easily. and i dont mind the four screw holes.

my main concern, is plugging the brake light cable hole, cos doesnt that lead into the actual bootlid cabin?

so i put the spoiler on, until i could sort it out, im going into honda to ahve a look today, seeif they can help me get under the bootlid.

let you all know!
    when do we hit vtec?

Winner! Array
    Car:
    dc2
    ok so spoilers off!!! YAYAYA!!!!!

looks fine! went to a auto repairs place, and they sorted it out fro me, all fro free, cos they are great people there ARC in Thornleigh!!!

took the binding off, sorted the wiring of my brake lights out, took thhe spoiler off, cleaned and polished the yucky gluey stuff off, then plugged the wire hole. i told them to leave the other four screw holes, cos i think its more discreet if they are left, instead of plugging them with funny black gromets....

but the wire hole is plugged with a black rubber gromet about 2-3mm hi.. so its still rather discreet. will get you fotos when i can!!!

lovin it!
    when do we hit vtec?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC4
    Quote Originally Posted by fried
    ok so spoilers off!!! YAYAYA!!!!!

looks fine! went to a auto repairs place, and they sorted it out fro me, all fro free, cos they are great people there ARC in Thornleigh!!!

took the binding off, sorted the wiring of my brake lights out, took thhe spoiler off, cleaned and polished the yucky gluey stuff off, then plugged the wire hole. i told them to leave the other four screw holes, cos i think its more discreet if they are left, instead of plugging them with funny black gromets....

but the wire hole is plugged with a black rubber gromet about 2-3mm hi.. so its still rather discreet. will get you fotos when i can!!!

lovin it!
    woohoo! the guinea pig trial worked! ima do it too now... :P
    hehe....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC4
    i took my spoiler off my dc4 today, unscrewed 4 things, then i just disconnected the brake light wires and that was it. the boot panels are held together by clips, just chuck in a flat head and open it up. there are two wires for the brake light, remove whatever is holding them together and you should be left with those miniature clamp things, just pull them apart - requires a little force. also, there was no glue between my spoiler and boot.

go supercheap auto buy those black round plugs, and plug it in the holes.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    nice work bringing a 7 yr old thread back tony lol

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    lol I didn't even realise that the thread was old when I was reading it!!!