Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney

[Euro/7thAccord] Window Auto-up via remote, DIY solution!

Finally there is an affordable solution for those who dont want to install an expensive alarm, and are willing to pay roughly $100 for a simple DIY add-on to make the windows roll up with two clicks of the Lock button on the remote.

The HM20 Module wires into the drivers door by tapping into 5 existing wires, and fools the car by mimmicking the door key-hold function to wind up the windows.

Buy an "HM20" Window Roll-up Module from kptechnologies in the US. $US60+shipping, so its around ~$AU100 for us
    http://www.kptechnologies.com/

Here are some clear instructions with photos:
    http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10206

And more instructions/info:
    http://kptechnologies.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=14

ps. It should work for the normal 7th Gen Accord too!

Member Array
    Car:
    '05 Euro
    its not worth spending $100 just to roll up your window remotely
    either way, if you accidentally open the window when parking if you realize it, you will run back towards your car anyhow. but if you dont realize it, even the remote window roll up will not do any good.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    I had the feature on my Civic for years so I miss it greatly. Ive already left a window open three times without realizing, lucky it didnt rain. Plus you can get used to pressing lock twice everytime, or just when you are going to be away from the car for a long time.

$100 seems reasonable to me.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    awsome find.

now to try it out

If anyone's willing to purchase and try this out, I for one will be keen to see/hear about the results. Keep us posted whomever gets one...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    I've just received the unit and installed it today and works fine. It's not a cheap mod just to get your windows to go up @ approx 100 bucks but i love my nifty gadgets and had to buy one .

When you press lock twice, the system performs a lock again to emulate the double key turn in the lock and windows go up. To interrupt it we just press lock again.

Seik

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Sweet! Gonna get one myself

Did it take long to install? The door trim was a biatch to get off huh?
    I guess you soldered the wires on with shrink wrap etc. Wouldnt want it shorting anything.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Eurodude: The trim isn't hard to take off at all, the only few problems you might encounter would be just getting the power window/mirror console out is and getting access to the back of the speaker. yep all the soldering was done and taped up .

Username: i think it means within 5 secs when you press it the first time. you can do it as fast as you can press the lock button twice on your remote and you hear the car lock twice. should be able to do it in like 1 sec.

Member Array
    Car:
    Sydney
    Yeah ive already tackled both door trims to install new speakers, and you're right, that black side mirror cover is quite tricky. That door handle cable had to stay attached though so the trim was just hanging there sitting on a small rubbish bin. Couldnt figure out how to unattach it...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    hehehe, i actually meant the console controls for the power windows and mirrors as you need to get to those for the install.

the door handle cable is very easy to take off, at the end of the cable is a hook which you can lift up but it's just before that hook that the cable is held in a plastic lock. I just placed a small screwdriver into it to pry it out and then you can lift it up easy.

My KP Technologies Window Lifter Module arrived today, and I installed it in about half an hour. Awesome little mod! Love it!
    No longer a Honda Euro driver...

Member Array
    Car:
    TRX400EX,TRD 3500S & BT50
    Sweet mod
    Would of been nice if it came like this from factory
    Bwwwwoooommmp