Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe
    hey ppl just a lil observation ive made, most ppl in australia seem to be against turbo honda's...why? i mean if it gives you more power why not? i mean engine transplants are great but time draining, when you can get the same amount of power if not more from a bolt on turbo kit....oh well jus my thoughts...

mmmm h22a with a jackson racing supercharger in my civic mmmmm one day lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    '94 CRX
    i think most of the dislike comes from the fact that hodna builds some superb NA cars and if you wanted a turbo why didn't you go buy nissan ?

it makes about as much sense as taking the turbo off the nissan because you like na....

-2ds

Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe
    yeah i suppose but ppl do things for their own reasons i guess... oh well each to his own... i just think the australian attitude to car modding is very catergorised and generally narrow minded.... i mean there are way to many sheep(i sheep being sumone who follows without thinking) when it comes to car modding in australia very few ppl now days willig to be different, i mean look at the recent sas, i mean yeah osmans wrx is undriveable and will never see the road(due to the fact the steering wheel is in the center the pedels are in the centre behind the gearstick and the gear stick sits in between your legs.... ) but its sumthin different and gave ppl ideas on other mods and isnt just another off the shelf wrx with sum airbrush wheels from tempe and a sideways exhaust....you know what i mean? i think ppl fear being different for fear of riducle.... but anyways yeah turbo honda's i say bring em on i love seeing a lil hatch rip a v8! personally i want a supercharger....

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    you hit it on the head, narrow mindedness and a sheep/herd attitude

Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe
    glad sumone agrees with me.... THE ANNUAL SHEEP CONFERENCE (SYDNEY AUTO SALON)

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTi-R Hatch
    This topic has been done to death. Do a search.

Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe
    search dun jus addin my 2 cents...

i understand where your comin from, and agree with you, everyone tries to be different in their own little way. but please dont use the osmans wrx as an example, everyone knows that is a waste of 100k+. leave to the person, although some might not like turbo hondas, when they see when im sure they still dont mind it.

Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe
    yeah im not sayin it aint a waste of money but atleast its different and they didnt go to car mate or srs and spend the 100 grand there! lol... could be much worse...

true, i dont like the cars at autosalon, ect. where all thats happened is the car owner has gone from workshop to workshop and just forked out the money, i like to look at the cars where the owners has actually done some of the work atleast, thats what im tryin to do, ive sprayed my car myself, and didnt even know how, just asked a panel beater how to prepare everything and gave it a go. next im doin a boot install all by myself, then probsbly some more interior work like wseats ect. but ill leave my engine conversion to the mechaninc. thats something i cant do. coz if i stuff it up, it migh end up costing more than if i got someone to do it in the first place.

Disabled Array
    Car:
    Type-MO
    OMG! Close this thread...
    ****en this has been done to death
    Do a search
    Waste of bandwidth and space FFS.

Member Array
    Car:
    civic coupe