Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am interested in getting a '94 Honda Integra VTi-R and I was just wondering what they are like performance wise. I have owned mostly V8 Commodores since I got my licence but I am now totally over them. I am currently trying to sell my HSV because I have had enough of the huge fuel bills for the average performance. I have heard good things about the DOHC VTEC engines but I have never driven one or even been in one. The VTi-R seems like the best option for me as I can't afford a Type R and the VTi-R has full electrics and the 1.8L engine.

Cheers guys

Best to do a search for the Integra VTi-R/GSR on google or something - should find plenty of reviews and specs.

SiR.

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    maybe u could take one out for a test drive and feel the B18C power for urself.

lol if you're comming from HSV's you're going to experience a power drop - seriously, take one for a drive and feel it out, i just love being able to scream it up to 8k vs the 4-5k of a v8 - dont get me wrong they are quick =) test drive test drive

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 VBP DC5 TypeS
    if you're hoping to get teh same sort of feel for the power from the Vti-r when you've come from a HSV is very unlikely..
    you might get a kick out of playing around with the vti-r, but don't expect too much from it...

Im not expecting to get into a VTi-R and have a faster car but I do want a car with a reasonable amount of power. The reason I am thinking about an Integra over another HSV is because it's lighter, more reliable, better build quality and seems to have a very decent motor. I don't necessarily want a faster car than my HSV but a car which is all round more reliable and still has some performance.

then you've made a good choice

lol

actually i was thinking about selling my vtir

its at the painters at the moment, ive done a 98+ conversion, how much were you looking at spending?

:P

i only say this because i notice you're in perth too =)

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman95
    then you've made a good choice

lol

actually i was thinking about selling my vtir

its at the painters at the moment, ive done a 98+ conversion, how much were you looking at spending?

:P

i only say this because i notice you're in perth too =)
    snowman dude.. mind to tell me not including paint how much it cost you to get the bumper (blinkers also) and headlights?

it was a type r front (inc blinkers, headlights, itr lip and front) - $800

also scored the rear bumper and side skirts off an itr from a nice dude off these forums as well for $400-450 from memory ! (thanks maxim!) :P

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman95
    it was a type r front (inc blinkers, headlights, itr lip and front) - $800

also scored the rear bumper and side skirts off an itr from a nice dude off these forums as well for $400-450 from memory ! (thanks maxim!) :P
    Nice buy!!

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    Quote Originally Posted by HALF MAN HALF BISCUIT
    Im not expecting to get into a VTi-R and have a faster car but I do want a car with a reasonable amount of power. The reason I am thinking about an Integra over another HSV is because it's lighter, more reliable, better build quality and seems to have a very decent motor. I don't necessarily want a faster car than my HSV but a car which is all round more reliable and still has some performance.
    i had the pleasure and opportunity to be in a mate's Integra VTi-R coupla months ago and he was going hard with it. Real hard! (U know who u are ) And for what it was, stock engine and lowered, damn does this engine love to scream....and scream...and then some.

So...dat said, i doubt you've chosen a wrong engine/car to buy/play.

Still, it's difficult to take someone's word at times, and at most times, u just have to feel/experience it for yourself. So, again, I suggest u take one for a try and see for yourself.