Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Hey everyone...

Was just wondering whether the Mazda6 plus other similar makes could beat the honda accord euro (manual) in performance, dynamics, etc...

Just in the market for a car around that price range and was wondering what your opinions were... Haven't test driven either cars yet... hoping to soon... I realise that there will be crap loads of bias from here, but never the less would like to hear what you guys think...

I like something a bit sporty, need the size of a mid-sizer and plan to drop ride hight a little, and add bigger wheels... As for performance mods, they'll be probably a year after i buy the car...

Cheers...

Member Array
    Car:
    94 Accord Vti-S
    theres plenty of articles regarding the Euro on the internet, and some on this site. if u run a search u may be able to find some statistics (ie. times, etc).

but the Euro is known to be way above its class

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    seany_12, have a look at the link (below) there is a bit of info on the Mazda 6 and Accord Euro. You will have to register (free) to read it, but i'm sure you'll find some other info there.

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/sh...ght=euro+mazda

-Win
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Newcomer Array
    Wynode mate... Its all well, but i can't register cos i use hotmail, and it says no free e-mail services allowed, so i can't get in... Are u able to copy and paste? If not don't worry about it...

Thx buddy + calvo

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Don't you have an email account from your ISP?

Just use that!
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Newcomer Array
    Not that crash hot with computers, probably do... ill have a look

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Read Autosports Best Handling Cars issue..

Should make you see the light....

seany_12 I went through this process last year before I finally decided on the Euro. I looked at the cars you have mentioned, plus quite a few others, but in the end I felt the Euro was a much better all round package that any of the others. Performance wise it is by far the best medium sized non turbo 4cyl FWD on the market, and even though it is a 4cyl has excellent performance especially when coupled with the six speed. It has nearly as much power as many of the 6cyl's but less weight and brilliant handling. The only thing to do is go and drive a few of these different cars and see what you think.
    The level of finish and features is only surpassed by cars which are at least twice it's price and the build quality is excellent.
    If I sound a little converted I am. I have been in the automotive game a long time now and these things are the best value for money car I have seen. There is a heap of information on the net about Euro's (or as they are sold in the US as Acura TSX), so go and have a look for yourself.
    Honda seems to have designed and built these cars to be in the same class as BMW 3 Series/Audi A4's but for some reason they aren't marketed against those in Australia whereas they are overseas.
    Do your homework, drive the different cars and be happy with your decision. If you decide on a Euro I am sure you will be happy.
    There are plenty of aftermarket parts becoming available for Euro's, even though it is difficult to get them in Australia it is not impossible. Wheels and lowering is becoming the norm for Euro's and they can look sensational. I have put a few pictures of my Euro (lowered with 18's) on this forum which you can have a look at if you wish.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9|NA6CE
    Parents was looking for a replacement mid sized family car (one that I could share with my mum) and in the end, we also chose the Accord Euro. The main thing was the amount of features it has for the price, as well as adequate performance. Also, because my parents can't drive manual, the 5 speed auto is a bonus.

With the prices of the Accord Euro so similar to the Mazda 6, I see no reason why anyone wouldn't wanna get the Euro (a bit of bias here).

The biggest competitor to the Euro is probably the the Subaru Liberty. Not bad of a car, and also AWD. However, mods for it are pretty limited comapred to the Euro, and nobody want to develop kits and other performance mods for it.

So yeah, take the wise choice. Just get the Euro

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord
    Euro anyday. Cooler looks THAN MAZDA n much more parts developed for the K20A by companies in US n Japan. My buddy Gary drives a K20A powered Civic Dragcar. U guys might hav seen it in sum magazines. The engine is completely stock n runs 12.43sec 1/4 mile. Hondas hav way more potential than Mazda in this sense. I'm pretty neutral n unbiased about cars. Mazda 6 is nice but i guess it sorta lack the oomph* The front grille isnt up to my taste but it still comes down to personal preference. My advice, go for a test drive in both but u wont regret getting a Euro.

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 CRV Sport
    I like the styling of both cars externally. originally, I preferred the 6 lux hatch with bodykit but since then the Euro has grown on me and I like it very much. It would be nicer with 17s standard though like the 6 lux has.

Interior wise, the Euro has much better quality and is more stylish.

engine wise, its no competition. Euro all the way.

Brand wise, again no competition

Newcomer Array
    thx for the opinions so far, u blokes reakon the euro would be able to take on a commy manual V6?