Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2001 S2000

Cool S2K Roof repairs or replacement

All,

HI I am new to the forum, I am wondering where I would find a roof repair shop in Melbourne good at fixin S2K roofs.

Mine is an 01 which doesnt look like it has been taken care of by the previous owner and has some dodgy repair jobs on it. Need to get it sorted before winter settles in..!!!

Advice is muchly appreciated.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    what's the damage like? pics?

Member Array
    Car:
    00 S2000 09 Audi S3
    I recently changed my roof, on my 01, to a glass robbins top. My OEM roof is 100% perfect on the vinyl has been treated since new with Mothers protectant, and the window is in very good condition, cleaned with Mothers Plastic Cleaner. I will be posting it on ebay, if you want it let me know.

theres an s2000 roof forsale on ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Honda-S2000-C...QQcmdZViewItem
    Last edited by BRU51N; 08-05-2007 at 12:23 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2001 S2000
    heres the damage, seems to be on the folding point.

When I bought the car it originally had a bit of noise when on the freeway, I replaced the striker assembly (the braket which connects the roof to the top of the windscreen). The noise is all gone, just creeping through these areas at the corner of the roof.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roof.jpg 
Views:	626 
Size:	121.4 KB 
ID:	5096  
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2001 S2000
    Anyone know of someone who repairs convertible roof's in Melbourne..?

Noob crowd controller Array
    Car:
    Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by MRK-01 View Post
    Anyone know of someone who repairs convertible roof's in Melbourne..?
    I have the name of someone that might be able to help. PM me and I will get you his details after work tonight.
    See a good post? Give it a PQ point.

Quote Originally Posted by ludecrs View Post
    They have the depreciation re-sale value of a burnt out and multi-rolled Commodore.

Quote Originally Posted by MRK-01 View Post
    heres the damage, seems to be on the folding point.

When I bought the car it originally had a bit of noise when on the freeway, I replaced the striker assembly (the braket which connects the roof to the top of the windscreen). The noise is all gone, just creeping through these areas at the corner of the roof.
    just wondering where u got the new striker assembly? i get horrible wind noise and need to get my roof fixed but really don't wanna go to the dealership.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2001 S2000
    you can get them from direct. I just went to the spares department and had the salesperson look the part up and order.
    I think the part number is the same for left and right, so you need to order 2..

I got the parts from in two days, took about 20 min to replace, only 2 bolts on each striker assy. You have to remove the interior moulding which the interior light is connected to get it off, obviously put the roof down too

Price from without any discount was about $170-190

I did see hardtopguy.com sells them also, but the delivery times would be quite a bit longer. They were US $49 each i think.

I must say it was quite suprising how much difference this had on the road noise. Before I had my radio(standard) distorting so I could hear it and now its crystal..!!

awesome thanks for the info, i'll have to get onto it when i get my car back from the garage. Hope it fixes the problem as i didn't wanna have to replace all the rubber seals.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lotus Exige
    might wanna look into gettin a Robbins top with glass window

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    try using some black silicon to cover it up, though not the best look, but sure will keep water from coming in.