Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Nil
    as the topic goes, anyone ever remove this annoying LOUD :x beeping? the one which reminds u 2 put on ur seatbelt

i always wear my seatbelt, but put it on just before i drive off, or sometimes turn the car on without wanting to drive it as yet for various other reasons..

so anyone remove it? and how did u do it? did u lose all other warning beeps?

It's there for a reason. But yeah, can be "turned off".

Member Array
    Car:
    S15
    Id love to be able to get rid of it as well. In all my driving time i alwyas put the seat belt on after i start the car.

One Eyed Monster Array
    Car:
    1995 EG5 Vti Hatch
    under the seat you will possibly find a plug.. with two wires...disconnect it....it worked in my EG!! basically the circuit is closed when the alarm is going off...when you insert the belt, it opens the circuit and stops the alarm....disconnecting this plug opens the circuit and no more noise!!

and as for other alarms...like when you open the car door and your lights are still on, that one still works....which is good as it is not annoying to get a reminder about that....I left my lights on in my last car and it would piss me off (more than the alarm) to find the battery dead

Member Array
    Im not sure weather this is on the same topic, but Ive got a 94 Integra gsi, and it makes two different types of beeping, one for the seat belt and the other is every time you open the drivers side door with the key in. I to would like to get rid of these annoyingly LOUD beeping.

If I unplug the harness as suggested in the previous post will that effect my alarm from working?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Vti-S turbo
    what psyklops said for the seat belt one, there's a plug where the drivers seat belt is (the thing you put the belt into). Simply unplug it, and no more seat belt warning chime. It doesnt affect anything else at all.

For opening the door with the key in, there will be a wire for it in the ignition somewhere. I havent bothered finding it. The easiest way would be to disconnect the buzzer completely.

I like the alert when leaving the lights on though, its handy, so i havent done this

Member Array
    Car:
    Nil
    will try that later, thanks guys will tell you how it went...

Member Array
    Car:
    Nil
    found it stuck under the seat, unpluged it...

no more beep!

thanks doods

yeh i agree that beeping noise bugged me so much, now i got rid of it im happy now i jus need to get rid of the key in ignition beep. would anyone know how to get rid of it without disconnecting the whole beeper

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by davey";p="108809
    yeh i agree that beeping noise bugged me so much, now i got rid of it im happy now i jus need to get rid of the key in ignition beep. would anyone know how to get rid of it without disconnecting the whole beeper
    there is a micro switch on the ignition barrel. you could undo it if you really want to. its got its own 2 pin connector. I dont know if there is any side effect to this though

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    yeah, thanks for that. that buzzer was real annoying!

Member Array
    Quote Originally Posted by poid";p="108650

For opening the door with the key in, there will be a wire for it in the ignition somewhere. I havent bothered finding it. The easiest way would be to disconnect the buzzer completely.
    Hey Ive been spending a bit of time trying to find this buzzer, I can hear it but cant see it, does anyone know where it actually is? o
    r what it looks like?
    I would love to disconnect the dam thing!

I think that the warning buzzer for the lights being switched on is a good idea, but do you really need a warning to tell us that the door is open?