Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lowering spring for S2K??

What do you guys use on yours and how do you find them compared to stock??

I was intrested in coilovers but after good thinking and reading some of the replays on here and s2ki forum just gave that idea up, car will be driven mainly on strreet with some motosport events (few a year) so no need for coilovers.
    Pretty much I'm after max 1"drop but I don't want to make it handle worst than stock, I also have front sway bar and x bar in plan so that should help a bit as well.

Tein, Eilbach, H&R ???

Member Array
    Car:
    03 Indy Yellow S2000
    hey bro...
    on my previous s2k, i had put in a set of King springs , they felt pretty close to stock in terms on ride quality , however after 6-8months they started to sag quite abit my initial 1.5 inch became about 2 inches . Which made the car VERY low .

However, on my girlfriend's S2k , she had the OEM springs compressed 1.5 inches front and rear . So perhaps if you wanted to keep the same ride quality , this might be an option .
    Also, the OEM springs are high quality so no worries about sagging .

It cost about $300 to compress and fit .

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2001 S2000
    I have H&R springs, the ride has firmed up from OEM springs, but still acceptable on the street. Handling is better, with strut braces front and rear also have got it all feeling good.
    Now new sway and maybe a X brace in the front. But as you have said, mainly driven on the street, some track would be nice every now and then to get the cobwebs out..:-)
    Changing the springs has lowered the car a little, bordering on an inch, but the front/rear looks closer to level now, it doesnt squat nearly as much as it used to now either, alot more feel felt too.
    I was going to get Eilbach, but none in stock, and i was advised H&R are a better quality...
    King are good for looks, ride i feel they get sloppy after a few months..
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

Yeah pretty hard to get Eilbach, heard lots of good things about H&R, does anyone have experience with TEIN springs??

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Do it properly and get coilovers, u'll love it that much more.

Just my 2c

Man I know coilovers are the way to go but they cost a lot more and I don't really see a need for me to have them, use to have them on my DC2R and I was very impressed but it was different car and use of it was a bit different than what S2K is used for (it was more boy racer car hehe).

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000 Honda CRX
    I'm getting new springs for my ride. 2 inch drop on stock wheels.

Will this be to low guys? I say no to coilovers, bought them for my Crx and its big $$$$$

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2001 S2000
    2 inches will be bordering too low on stock rims. You will damage the underneath on speed bumps and more than likely scrape the front entering/exiting driveways.

But it does look great sitting like that..!!
    I had my origional coils compressed about 2 inches, with stock rims, it scraped everywhere, so i got H&R springs put in, no problems now.
    1 - 1.5 inch drop is safest i would do.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000 Honda CRX

Thumbs up

Thanks mate I shall do exactly ~HR and 1.5inches

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Don't skip , I will never skip either.

Get coilover and you will be amazed with the improvement especially in s2k.

It makes the car more planted and you can corner much much faster but normally it's stiff

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5R
    do you have coilovers in yours already erik??

I wouldn't call it skip, for me it's all about what you get for your $$$$, I could afford coils if I really needed them but for my use of the car there is no need, so it would be just waste of money and more of a wank factor just to say "I got coils", if I was hitting track every weekend (like some of you do hehe) I would save up and get them but at the moment I'll be happy with good springs.