Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: quality issues

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazzzzz
    Does anyone have any creaking noises coming from the front when going over bumps etc? Its like its coming from either the dash or windscreen. Its not even a wk old ffs!

And has anyone noticed a whistling/whining sound proportionate to speed at 80kph+/-10?

Any other quality issues i should be ready for?

Member Array
    Car:
    Fridge
    hmm dont tell me that! we are getting our jazz next week!

if the car is creaking over speed humps, it could be the sway bar bushes just needing some oil.

no idea about the whisting noise tho, could be the antenna?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Jazzzzz
    ok mate.....ill tell u the rest of my jazz pet hates later.

its not so much a creak....more like the tapping sound of the dash or wonky windscreen. Ive read somethin abt this b4 but cant re where!...it was an issue for the honda city apparently (the sedan ver of jazz).

Member Array
    Car:
    Fridge
    well you better tell me what other problems you are having now, so I can make sure mine doesnt have em when i pick it up

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    lol
    new car usually wont have any noise since the car is not yet warming up
    but so far i dun have any noise....

what do i write here? Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vti-s
    i get a rattling noise around 3000rpm or always at around 100 or 110kph. Mine windows does make some cracky noises occasionally.

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    I don't get the whistling, but I do have a creaking that has developed on the passenger side when going over speed humps. That started at about 2,000km.

From my understanding it is relatively common for Hondas to have some creaking like that.....well it's not uncommon anyway.

Member Array
    Car:
    '08 Odyssey Lux
    my car's done 10000Ks now..
    but i dont have any issues like that...
    or else i'm turning the stereo on too loud and i'm not noticing them...

Member Array
    Car:
    Enzo
    i am now over 40,023kms and havent notice any sound besides going to a stuffed up roads and most of the sound is made by strong wind
    "It’s more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow."

Moderator Array
    Car:
    2002 Fit
    my car is old now compared to you guys lol 48000km! :roll:

the only issues i have with my car are all small niggly ones! nothing major except one thing but that came from a crash so nothing i could do.

basically its small ratlles here and there but i think ive caused a few from pulling panels out and putting them back in.

sometimes every now and again if im sitting at lights i get a rough idle but nothing major that lasts for more than a second.

nothing is majorly worn or run out. i cant really think of any big problems only all little small things that are negligible.

except now i think about it when my car was two months old the distributor (not sure something like it- the part that tells which spark plug to fire) died and was running on 2 cylinders. Honda said i was given a faulty one and nothing warranty couldnt fix up

Pete

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2R
    To get rid of the creaking noise, I wedged a small piece of folded up paper between the windscreen and the dashboard, at the very bottom left of the front windscreen.

Hope that helps,

- Andrew

Andys' solution works but it's ugly. I had to do something similar to my EK...

What you could do is go to a body repair supply shop and buy some of those sticky tape sorta thing with a foam backing?