Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rear diff?

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k

rear diff?

hey guys every morning i wake up start the car and put it in reverse and i step on the brake gently before i drop down my drive way, theres a sound that doesnt sound so good lol like a hard click click and then thats it for the whole day until the next morning after the car has had a long break what could it be diff oil needing a change?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Just you regular s2000 CV issues

that sound is normal. Most cars have that noise (all cars i've owned) when they reverse in the morning. Its the brake pads making the noise. it only happens first thing in the morning

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k
    hey guys just went to hannys it was nothing to do with the diff it was the calipers and brake pads lol just me stressing for no reason

yeah - alot of cars do that in the morning ( or when first driven after stationary) Its abit freaky but normal.

EG my civic does if first thing when reversing in out as i touch the brakes - its the rear caliper/s "clapping" against the brake pad.Does it once then beds itself in , then never again all day.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5,VBP dc2,07 cl9,01 s2k
    is there anyway you can upgrade the rear diff on the s2000? because what i heard is that apparantly they are really weak and give in after heavy thrashing or when you start to dump them too much.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k
    hmm i think you can get and lsd which can do alot to improve handling and acceleration

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    Kaaz, Spoon, J's Racing, Cusco just to name afew lsd's available.
    1.5way ftw

I wouldn't say an after market lsd would improve acceleration, the stock torsen lsd should be enough for getting off the line. A 1.5way would help alot more around corners especially hairpins
    Last edited by vyets; 24-02-2008 at 06:08 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Blk AP1, GPW AP2
    Currently I am facing a diff problem. It is leading According to my research, yes, the stock lsd is crap and the most bang for bucks one i think should be Kaaz 1.5 way, however they shouldnt give u a gain in acceleration, for me I am going to change the final drive to 4.77 or 4.9 at the same time to save labor and gain some acceleration as well. Just u need to bear in mind, it will lose the top end speed........
    Joe

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I am facing the same choice too...
    considering an LSD and final gear...
    someone is recommending me Carbonetics LSD... anyone tried it?

As for final gear... if whiteAP1 can help.. can u tell us more about the KIA 4.77 final gear? (sorry to hassle u whiteAP1... I threw that question out in another thread just a few seconds ago... before seeing this thread...)

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    What do u want to know??