Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic

Users with trading signatures

What's with the ever increasing amount of users that have Trader type signatures with items for sale on a permanent basis? These users have not paid for Trader status yet use every post they make as a form of trader account with signatures that list items for sale in their business.

Us traders pay a price to be able to sell items in our trader sections ONLY and get spoken to for making posts that could be potentially be seen as selling an item, yet a normal user can do it all he likes even though he is effectively trading on the site. The only difference is they haven't paid to be a trader and don't have their own section.

Its really annoying the crap out of me and other traders. Please fix it.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Suabaru > Honda
    i tend to agree with u man.
    but i don't see it changing
    as some mods
    have it in their sigs
    again it has been argued
    'we are not a selling based website'
    so why do we let people put it in their sigs
    and then they can just spam like crazy
    and their sig gets more exposure to users than a trader may get.

i kinda agree in a way. I think its ok to link to your PARTS FOR SALE thread, but not use it as advertising space. I can see why Traders would be peed off.

Link us to which "Traders" are pissing you off and we can edit or remove them. IF they are genuinely taking the $$$ out of the local market (IE kids that have hookups in HK that undercut traders) then tell Us and we can do something about it. Otherwise there is little point to this thread

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    Your sig is a good example. Its an advertisement every time you post. And its big. There are others that are not hard to work out.

I can see that this will go nowhere because the mods are doing it themselves. Say to a number of traders when renewal comes up.

im not suggesting any traders here are peed off. I mean, they might be and not voicing it. Im saying from my point of view, if i was a trader, i would be. Dunno how much they pay thou. I mean, i support advertising in sigs as its all free and does a good job, but i also have a soft spot for traders (if any here) or as a trader in general.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Just to clarify, Traders are allowed to reply to other threads with prices provided it is kept to a reasonable amount. They just cannot create new threads in forums other than their trader forum in an attempt to sell/advertise products and/or services.

Got any links to users who are selling on a commercial basis via their signature? Feel free to PM me if you wish.

If it is a serious issue and can be backed up....I will look into changing our stance on signatures (if there is sufficient cause to do so).
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

My sig is not spammed right and centre for coverage. So you better find a decent example for all of us to work on. Regardless of mod or not.

From your complaint , you refer to newcomers selling parts cheapie from overseas.
    Give us examples as no other "Traders" have ever complained of such an issue.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Suabaru > Honda
    why are rules on newcomers so hard about trying to sell
    and you guys are giving them lectures about
    go to carsales or trading post if u wanna sell ur shit
    why can't this apply to sigs?
    in the end its the same thing.
    this is not a forum for selling things
    its not a priority of the website
    but more so to provide knowledge + bit of fun.

Tai Traders pay Wynode $XX amount and expect coverage for that cost.

Since there are newcomers coming on and advertising the same goods for cheaper and paying no fee , Paying traders expect better rules.

Member Array
    Car:
    Crew for Hi-Comp Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    My sig is not spammed right and centre for coverage. So you better find a decent example for all of us to work on. Regardless of mod or not.

From your complaint , you refer to newcomers selling parts cheapie from overseas.
    Give us examples as no other "Traders" have ever complained of such an issue.

Where have I said it applies to newcomers? Because it doesn't. I'm talking in general people using their sigs to sell stuff/services on a constant basis, like yours. Traders don't only sell parts you know. Some offer services such as servicing etc. I will PM wynode with a few other examples.

And yes their are other traders annoyed about it. I'm just the one that has spoken out about it.

There are also several regular members who sell parts as though they are traders. However they go through the 'Parts For Sale' section.

They haven't gone unnoticed.