Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jazz Vs Civic

Jazz Vs Civic

Not sure if this has been covered had a quick look under the jazz forum and didn;t see much nehow

i've been thinking abt trading in the trusty old Eg civic and looking at either an early model civic sumthing like the 96-98 yrs

or looking forward to a jazz.

Seen pretty much all u can see with the civs, so just wondering what's the jazz community like out here?

i mean how does the jazz compare to the civs of tat era?

Member Array
    Car:
    00DC2R
    2 pretty diff cars.

3 dr vs 5 dr
    sporty hatch vs "mpv-like" form
    power output is quite diff

1 is a much newer car with all the newer parts & technology.

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    I think it depends on what you want the car for and what you are expecting....If you are looking at something like an EK4 then I guess it will be hard for the Jazz to compete on a performance level.

But if you are lokoing at a GLi/CXi then I rekon the Jazz wins. Similar power levels, but the Jazz is more practical and something a bit different, but then I love wagon looking cars.

Either way you can't really go wrong as the are both good cars, but you could pick up a pretty new VTi-S Jazz at a decent price now.

perhaps if you still can't decide, take the 2 for a drive and see if that helps.

Civics have been done to death over the years

True i mean overall how does everyone feel abt their jazz's? i mean given a choice would you choose anthoer car once u've owned ur jazz?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    2002 Fit
    when you say choose another car over a jazz do you mean would we buy a jazz for the next 20 yrs? or would we of bought something like a cleo or a c2? im lost

when i was getting the jazz i brought it down to an astra and a jazz and personally jazz wins hands down, its better everything! IMO

also too resale, parts availability, service, its all good. i havent had a major hassle so far except for something that wasnt my fault!

and i do think you get a bang for your buck.

if it performance wise your after imo i think you can still get a little kik ass car out of the jazz!

as for comparisons i agree with jus-10 on the fact it depends which civic

Pete

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    Quote Originally Posted by EG4
    True i mean overall how does everyone feel abt their jazz's? i mean given a choice would you choose anthoer car once u've owned ur jazz?
    Everyone here knows how much I love my Jazz. I traded in a 2003 BMW 3 series sport to get the Jazz and I haven't regretted it since. There is no way I would go back to the BMW and I'm not bullsh*tting either.

People think I'm crazy and all, but I really do like my Jazz and I enjoy driving it and modding it, etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    lol
    get a jazz unless u get EK civic
    new civic is nth good

Speed wise who will have the upper hand??? I know Civic vtec will cain a Jazz but how abt the other models???

Member Array
    Car:
    ekhatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffy
    Speed wise who will have the upper hand??? I know Civic vtec will cain a Jazz but how abt the other models???
    well geoffy that will depend on the driver...

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    Jazz VTi or VTi-S should be able to give it to the D-powered Civics so long as the Jazz is manual.

I wouldn't be scared about having a go against a VTi-R civic either. The Jazz might just might surprise you...just like how mine surprised a certain H22A powered Prelude that is a member of this forum.

Don't be put off by it's "cuteness"

sounds like everyone has got their hands down for a jazz
    might have go down to the local honda dealer and see if i can get a test drive

is there much difference between the vti-s/vti models compared to the others?

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    The vti and vti-s have the same drivetrain...that is 1.5 SOHC 16v with vtec. The other one, the GLi, has a 1.3 SOHC 8valve DSi engine.

Apart from that, the difference between the VTi and VTi-S is purely cosmetic. Over the VTi, the VTi-S has the kit, 15inch alloys, fog lights and leather steering wheel.